[REMOVE ADS]

Watch Nirvana, the Supremes, Niles Rodgers & More Receive The Lifetime Achievement Aw

Where's the Supremes mention?

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Where's the Supremes mention?
    exactly. Evidently it’s gone missing. But why?

I started a thread with this link a day or two after the Grammy hall of fame induction. Though title of the youtube video mentions Supremes, the footage of Turkessa and Lisa accepting for their mothers was not included. So poor attention to detail by whoever at NARAS put this up. I suppose if Diana had been well enough to attend, there would have been footage of The Supremes induction included in this compilation video.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I started a thread with this link a day or two after the Grammy hall of fame induction. Though title of the youtube video mentions Supremes, the footage of Turkessa and Lisa accepting for their mothers was not included. So poor attention to detail by whoever at NARAS put this up. I suppose if Diana had been well enough to attend, there would have been footage of The Supremes induction included in this compilation video.
    I’m looking for it but I can’t find it would you please send me a link or at what the title of the thread is? Thank you.

I haven’t been around very much, “well enough? “Is that the consensus? It must be an epidemic if none of her children get accept for her. I think she got a bee in her bonnet about some thing and nertzed the whole affair. Rhonda making an announcement in the early afternoon that no one from the family would be attending, which seem to indicate that at some point, someone thought differently.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I haven’t been around very much, “well enough? “Is that the consensus? It must be an epidemic if none of her children get accept for her. I think she got a bee in her bonnet about some thing and nertzed the whole affair. Rhonda making an announcement in the early afternoon that no one from the family would be attending, which seem to indicate that at some point, someone thought differently.
    That does seem to be the case in point MM. She barely acknowledged the event was even happening through social media or anything else.
    Some would insist it had to be illness or a family tragedy that kept her away as nothing less would have prevented her attending. If so, that doesn't really explain how one of her children couldn’t have acted as her representative. We are talking a couple of hours here.
    I think it far more likely she took offence to something, perhaps justifiably which would explain the entire Ross clans blackballing of the event.
    Perhaps one day we will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    That does seem to be the case in point MM. She barely acknowledged the event was even happening through social media or anything else.
    Some would insist it had to be illness or a family tragedy that kept her away as nothing less would have prevented her attending. If so, that doesn't really explain how one of her children couldn’t have acted as her representative. We are talking a couple of hours here.
    I think it far more likely she took offence to something, perhaps justifiably which would explain the entire Ross clans blackballing of the event.
    Perhaps one day we will find out.
    Very reasonable thoughts, Ollie. I agree. Perhaps one day we will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I’m looking for it but I can’t find it would you please send me a link or at what the title of the thread is? Thank you.
    I checked archives and I didn't start a thread on this video, but I did post it in this thread that never really took off. Sorry for the confusion on that.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...a-and-turkessa

As for Diana not feeling well enough, I infered that from this post by Bluebrock in the I Think it's Unfortunate thread.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...-s-Unfortunate

02-09-2023, 11:52 AM #36
    Bluebrock
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Charles\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\0 1\clip_image001.png[/IMG]Senior Member [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Charles\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\0 1\clip_image002.png[/IMG]
    I was hoping to stay out of this toxic subject, but after several days of biting my tongue and reading everyone's opinions on the subject i feel compelled to break my silence and reluctantly contribute to the discussion.
    The world is in turmoil. We have the ongoing war in Ukraine, and we have the terrible earthquake in Turkey and Syria which at the time of writing looks to have claimed up to 20, 000 lives. I have read of dying women giving birth in the rubble and little babies perishing in sub zero temperatures, but certain forums on social media are still filled with distraught fans throwing poison arrows at Diana Ross for daring to miss the group she departed from 53 years ago being given a lifetime Grammy award that was at least 30 years overdue.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this, but i feel i must reluctantly offer some kind of defence for the "behaviour" of Miss Ross.
    I was very concerned about the wellbeing of Miss Ross on her UK tour of last year, and i am more concerned than ever about it now.
    The lady is 78 years old and not in good health. I have it on very good authority that she was planning on attending the awards just a few short weeks ago. Her no show causes me considerable anxiety.
    Perhaps, just perhaps she was not well enough to attend.
    You may well say she should have issued a statement confirming her non attendance. You may well have a valid point there, but if the Ross family did not wish to make a public comment then that is good enough for me. Miss Ross owes us nothing. She has given unrivalled pleasure to her fans over the past 60 years or so and has no obligation to comment if she and her family members wish for any issues to remain private at this time. If you feel shortchanged by the silence then that is your problem.
    Thankfully it has remained relatively civilised on this particular forum, but some of the vile comments on certain other forums have quite frankly sickened me. They may well come to regret posting some of those comments in the not too distant future.
    I can certainly understand some of the anger on here, but we must realise that these legends are gradually leaving us. Soon they will all be gone, and that will leave us with lots of time to reflect upon what we posted in moments of anger.
    Can we please move on and accept what has happened. By all means be disappointed. I share your disappointment but she did the right thing for her own wellbeing by not attending the ceremony in my opinion.
    If the family wish to share any information with us they will do so when they feel the time is right. May i also thank Sup Fan for his support and disrection during our private conversations on the subject this week. You have been a rock.
    Thank you for listening, and best regards to you all.

I checked archives and I didn't start a thread on this video, but I did post it in this thread that never really took off. Sorry for the confusion on that.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...a-and-turkessa

As for Diana not feeling well enough, I infered that from this post by Bluebrock in the I Think it's Unfortunate thread.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...-s-Unfortunate

02-09-2023, 11:52 AM #36
    Bluebrock
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Charles\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\0 1\clip_image001.png[/IMG]Senior Member [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Charles\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\0 1\clip_image002.png[/IMG]
    I was hoping to stay out of this toxic subject, but after several days of biting my tongue and reading everyone's opinions on the subject i feel compelled to break my silence and reluctantly contribute to the discussion.
    The world is in turmoil. We have the ongoing war in Ukraine, and we have the terrible earthquake in Turkey and Syria which at the time of writing looks to have claimed up to 20, 000 lives. I have read of dying women giving birth in the rubble and little babies perishing in sub zero temperatures, but certain forums on social media are still filled with distraught fans throwing poison arrows at Diana Ross for daring to miss the group she departed from 53 years ago being given a lifetime Grammy award that was at least 30 years overdue.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this, but i feel i must reluctantly offer some kind of defence for the "behaviour" of Miss Ross.
    I was very concerned about the wellbeing of Miss Ross on her UK tour of last year, and i am more concerned than ever about it now.
    The lady is 78 years old and not in good health. I have it on very good authority that she was planning on attending the awards just a few short weeks ago. Her no show causes me considerable anxiety.
    Perhaps, just perhaps she was not well enough to attend.
    You may well say she should have issued a statement confirming her non attendance. You may well have a valid point there, but if the Ross family did not wish to make a public comment then that is good enough for me. Miss Ross owes us nothing. She has given unrivalled pleasure to her fans over the past 60 years or so and has no obligation to comment if she and her family members wish for any issues to remain private at this time. If you feel shortchanged by the silence then that is your problem.
    Thankfully it has remained relatively civilised on this particular forum, but some of the vile comments on certain other forums have quite frankly sickened me. They may well come to regret posting some of those comments in the not too distant future.
    I can certainly understand some of the anger on here, but we must realise that these legends are gradually leaving us. Soon they will all be gone, and that will leave us with lots of time to reflect upon what we posted in moments of anger.
    Can we please move on and accept what has happened. By all means be disappointed. I share your disappointment but she did the right thing for her own wellbeing by not attending the ceremony in my opinion.
    If the family wish to share any information with us they will do so when they feel the time is right. May i also thank Sup Fan for his support and disrection during our private conversations on the subject this week. You have been a rock.
    Thank you for listening, and best regards to you all.
    Oh, I actually recall that. Of course I hope that she’s healthy, but didn’t she just do a show a few weeks ago? Anyway, I was very disappointed that she didn’t show up. I’m not gonna go as far as to say she should have, because I’m trying to draw the line between what I would like people to do and what I think they actually should do. But it seems to me she’s making a statement by not sending Rhonda or Tracee or Evan. None of them are that shy in the spotlight. If that’s the case, I wish she would give us some hints as to what the statement might be. “I don’t appear onstage with daughters of deceased background singers?“ Maybe there was a family kind of emergency like someone was ill or passes or something, but I would think Rhonda would mention the reason why they weren’t going if that were [[was?) the case. This has snit written all over it, and it’s possible there’s a very good reason but I’m still very disappointed. Thank you for going to all that trouble.