[REMOVE ADS]

First Diana Ross social media post since the Grammys

Looks like Diana Ross is doing a little better today, unless someone else posted this for her due to this being Super Bowl Sunday.

https://twitter.com/DianaRoss/status...76173254852609

I know people say that stars like Diana Ross have people handle their accounts but I believe some of her posts could only be done by her.

..........bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Looks like Diana Ross is doing a little better today, unless someone else posted this for her due to this being Super Bowl Sunday.

This was so not about her

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post

I don't for one moment think Ms Ross was responsible for this post, but i would be delighted to be proven wrong. It is not her style to comment on this event, but it must have come from someone in her camp so we may as well be pleased that we have heard something from someone close to her.

Pleased yes, and yet not.

Her "camp" thought it important enough [in the midst of whatever is going on with her] to boast her Superbowl memoriest so soon after ignoring her Supremes memories? [one is important to mention while the other isn't?] Makes the snub seem even more intentional to move on to something else so soon this way as if all is well and nothing special last week happened.

Maybe...... some of this stuff is preprogrammed into her calendar for posts throughout the year ....

Diana's team did make a statement with the Grammies expressing Diana's warm memories of her time with the group

and Diana's team did a post on Super Bowl Sunday highlighting one of the top remembered and most diva of Super Bowl halftime shows.

both efforts took minimal time to do. fast easy. it's not like they spent weeks planning this Super Bowl tweet while disregarding the Grammy one. it's not like she was physically in AZ working with Rihana or just hanging around saying "hey remember when i did the Super Bowl???"

it was a fast, simple tweet. just like a fast, simple statement. and frankly the SB is about 10,000% larger of an event to the US market and frankly the global market that the Grammies.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Diana's team did make a statement with the Grammies expressing Diana's warm memories of her time with the group

and Diana's team did a post on Super Bowl Sunday highlighting one of the top remembered and most diva of Super Bowl halftime shows.

both efforts took minimal time to do. fast easy. it's not like they spent weeks planning this Super Bowl tweet while disregarding the Grammy one. it's not like she was physically in AZ working with Rihana or just hanging around saying "hey remember when i did the Super Bowl???"

it was a fast, simple tweet. just like a fast, simple statement. and frankly the SB is about 10,000% larger of an event to the US market and frankly the global market that the Grammies.
    Sup my friend, I think you’re reaching.
    Diana Ross is right to tweet about stuff when it matters to a calculated, big enough global market, and since The Supremes don’t, screw them?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Sup my friend, I think you’re reaching.
    Diana Ross is right to tweet about stuff when it matters to a calculated, big enough global market, and since The Supremes don’t, screw them?
    see i think people are making a mountain out a mole hill. while I'll be the first to say i wished she had been in attendance at the Grammies, Blue has already shared that there seems to be something significant happening with her health and all. She issued a statement praising the group and all - would i maybe have chosen some different words, most likely. Did she personally write the statement? not sure but wouldn't be surprised if she didn't herself

has she made dozens of personally appearances since the G's? been seen out at NYC restaurants drinking wine and partying? seen out on her yacht lollygagging in the sun? no

did her Twitter account post a generic Super Bowl message, resharing her own super bowl show? yes

i don't think the SB tweet shows her being any more involved publicly. it doesn't seem to contradict anything Blue shared about her maybe not being well. i don't really follow each and every media outlet she engages in. so i've not made a checklist of where and all she discussed the Grammies. nor compared specifically to each and every place she's discussed the SB. but i don't see how her SB post somehow reflects on her positioning on the grammies or signifies that she likes SB better than her history with the Sups. As i recall, the Sup material was very significantly present in her SB set.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    see i think people are making a mountain out a mole hill. while I'll be the first to say i wished she had been in attendance at the Grammies, Blue has already shared that there seems to be something significant happening with her health and all. She issued a statement praising the group and all - would i maybe have chosen some different words, most likely. Did she personally write the statement? not sure but wouldn't be surprised if she didn't herself

has she made dozens of personally appearances since the G's? been seen out at NYC restaurants drinking wine and partying? seen out on her yacht lollygagging in the sun? no

did her Twitter account post a generic Super Bowl message, resharing her own super bowl show? yes

i don't think the SB tweet shows her being any more involved publicly. it doesn't seem to contradict anything Blue shared about her maybe not being well. i don't really follow each and every media outlet she engages in. so i've not made a checklist of where and all she discussed the Grammies. nor compared specifically to each and every place she's discussed the SB. but i don't see how her SB post somehow reflects on her positioning on the grammies or signifies that she likes SB better than her history with the Sups.

As i recall, the Sup material was very significantly present in her SB set.
    That last line, one could point out she sure as heck treasures those Supremes days when they best serve her. Makes it very ironic, doesn't it?

There's no complaint by me about tweeting about the Superbowl , its encouraging. Its the posting about that, which suggests all is normal, while having not posted about the Supremes just days before ....that is what is confusing.
    With no disrespect to BlueB, unless he has a hot line to Diana Ross and team, which he hasn't claimed to, its rather obvious to speculate something is not right with Diana Ross , and I like everyone else hope such is not the case. But when Diana completely ignores a major Supremes honor one week on twitter , and then she [supposedly its her, its represented as such] posts one boasting about herself , singularly, days later..... nope, something is not right.

Sup, if you mean the release from the unnamed publicist .... read it again. It doesn't really say that. In fact it seems to very carefully not say that.

The Grammy Academy had an opportunity to award Ms. Ross a competitive Grammy. "Thank You" is a sensual and lovely album of joy. I am very thankful to experience its pleasures.

Therefore, ".....next ...." is appropriate.

Life goes on and there is a party going on!

The Super Bowl comment is celebratory of the life of the party. Let's go.

Also, although The Supremes' Lifetime Achievement Award was long overdue, I wonder about the reasons why Ms. Ross chose not to attend the award ceremony. I am wondering whether it would have been too emotional for her as the two other original Supremes have transitioned.

The lacking thank you statement by Ms. Ross on the date of the awarding of The Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award baffles me.

Credit to Ms. Ross, this was a date filled with emotional highs, being given The Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, as a member of The Supremes, and also being nominated
    for a Grammy for her album, "Thank You".

I wonder whether Ms. Ross requested that this award be presented during the prime time Grammy Awards Celebration.

Does the Grammy Academy have a non-disclosure clause with artists regarding communicating discussions about appearances during the actual Grammy Awards Ceremony?

Also, a daughter of Ms. Ross, present along with Florence Ballard's daughters and Mary Wilson's daughter would have been a nice gesture of female empowerment and solidarity.

I must add that ~ [12] ~ Twelve [[# 1's) Popular Hit Record Singles without a competitive Grammy Award seems to represent white male and executive class supremacy against working class black women who achieved major success by their musical industry.

As The Supremes' stardom matured, complementary musical awards did not accompany the journey of the song hits.

The Beatles were showered with Grammy Awards while The Supremes were abandoned by the Grammy Academy.

Denying The Supremes the Grammy Award in a competitive category did not stop their historical momentum as one of the greatest singing groups in musical history!
    Last edited by TNSUN; 02-13-2023 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Mistake

I’d given up all hope of the Supremes getting a lifetime achievement award so it was a nice surprise.

I don’t think Diana Ross could dictate anything much to the Grammys.

I also do not feel the lifetime achievement ceremony was a place for Diana - it was very amateur.

If you go look at Facebook, there is no mention at all of all these concerns but there are lots of responses to her Super Bowl post.

Life goes on and really, isn’t it time to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I’d given up all hope of the Supremes getting a lifetime achievement award so it was a nice surprise.

I don’t think Diana Ross could dictate anything much to the Grammys.

I also do not feel the lifetime achievement ceremony was a place for Diana - it was very amateur.

If you go look at Facebook, there is no mention at all of all these concerns but there are lots of responses to her Super Bowl post.

Life goes on and really, isn’t it time to move on?
    For the toads in the crowd it will never be time to move on. What else do they have to do in their lives other than denigrate Diana Ross? We've seen people go literally to their graves blaming their life disappointments on a singer; move on, indeed!

Hey you, the endless name caller, what exactly is it you’re so eager to move on to ?? Or should I say run away from ?

this happens to be the current event related to this forum,
    unless you see an urgency to instead discuss which year Diana wore her best earrings …. or something as pressing like that there .
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-14-2023 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Hey you, the endless name caller, what exactly is it you’re so eager to move on to ?? Or should I say run away from ?

this happens to be the current event related to this forum,
    unless you see an urgency to instead discuss which year Diana wore her best earrings …. or something as pressing like that there .
    Sadly your wasting your breath Boogie. It’s classified as Celebrity Worship Syndrome, [[CWS). It’s an obsessive, addictive disorder, manifest in the person lacking the ability to form a successful relationship of their own. The name calling being just a symptom.
    i think your posts make a valid point, thinking it unfair that a few insist on trying to shutdown a topic they themselves would rather not be discussed.
    Perhaps the missing beads on the cover of “Right On” might receive a more enthusiastic response.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Sadly your wasting your breath Boogie. It’s classified as Celebrity Worship Syndrome, [[CWS). It’s an obsessive, addictive disorder, manifest in the person lacking the ability to form a successful relationship of their own. The name calling being just a symptom.
    i think your posts make a valid point, thinking it unfair that a few insist on trying to shutdown a topic they themselves would rather not be discussed.
    Perhaps the missing beads on the cover of “Right On” might receive a more enthusiastic response.
    Hee hee
    Have yourself a nice day Ollie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    hey now lol i already tried to get a gown discussion going and i think it was a pretty good spin on things lololol. it's hard to not keep repeating the same topics, to be creative and find a new way to rehash old news. so i liked my Project Runway concept hhehehehe but only 1 other person chimed in! lol