[REMOVE ADS]

An Audience with Diana Ross - Bluebrock??

Last night I watched a show I'd never seen before. 'An Audience With Diana Ross'[[1999). I've seen since that it has been up on YT for a while but I like to download my own cppies when I can to make sure they don't disappear.

This was an occasional UK TV Show whicb began in 1980. A star' [[most often a comedian or musician) would mix a shortened version of their current live act with questions from the audience.

Usually the audience would include other celebrities. In Diana's show for example, members included Boy George, Olympic Champion Linford Christie, actress Glenda Jackson & TV star Graham Norton.

Some other stars of these shows over the years included Joan Rivers, Dame Edna Everage, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Elton John, Bee Gees, Kylie Minogue, Cliff Richard, Lionel Richie, Neil Diamond, Donny & Marie Osmond - with the most recent one being Adele [[hosted by Diana's guest Graham Norton).

SET LIST

1. I'm Coming Out [[instrumental overture)
    2. Chain Reaction
    3. Touch Me In The Morning
    4. Upside Down [[duet with Boy George)
    5. When You Tell Me That You Love Me
    6. Not Over You Yet
    7. I'm Still Waiting
    8. Stop! In The Name of Love
    9. Theme from Mahogany/Ain't No Mountain High Enough
    10. Endless Love
    11. The Best Years of My Life
    12. I Will Survive

A pretty decent set. 'Not over You' as her latest single had to be performed I guess and at least 'I Will Survive' was as good as I've ever heard it from her.

UK hits [[which US audiences might have shaken their heads at) were included and and only 'Best Years' leaves me thinking 'why not THIS or THAT or the OTHER?).

Anyway - an enjoyable show but wondering if Bluebrock had any involvement in that 1999 tour and this show in particular?

And for others - whether you watched it back in the day or on YT since [[or even maybe today) - what did you think of it?

I think I bought a copy of this show from the fan club not long after it aired. I thought she gave a good performance. I really liked the moment during I'M STILL WAITING when she went into the audience and let a female audience member with a high-pitched voice sing "I'm just a fool. I'm just a fool..."

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I really liked the moment during I'M STILL WAITING when she went into the audience and let a female audience member with a high-pitched voice sing "I'm just a fool. I'm just a fool..."
    That audience member had a great voice and I even wondered if she was some British singer of the time [[not famous enough for me to recognise). Lovely voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Last night I watched a show I'd never seen before. 'An Audience With Diana Ross'[[1999). I've seen since that it has been up on YT for a while but I like to download my own cppies when I can to make sure they don't disappear.

This was an occasional UK TV Show whicb began in 1980. A star' [[most often a comedian or musician) would mix a shortened version of their current live act with questions from the audience.

Usually the audience would include other celebrities. In Diana's show for example, members included Boy George, Olympic Champion Linford Christie, actress Glenda Jackson & TV star Graham Norton.

Some other stars of these shows over the years included Joan Rivers, Dame Edna Everage, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Elton John, Bee Gees, Kylie Minogue, Cliff Richard, Lionel Richie, Neil Diamond, Donny & Marie Osmond - with the most recent one being Adele [[hosted by Diana's guest Graham Norton).

SET LIST

1. I'm Coming Out [[instrumental overture)
    2. Chain Reaction
    3. Touch Me In The Morning
    4. Upside Down [[duet with Boy George)
    5. When You Tell Me That You Love Me
    6. Not Over You Yet
    7. I'm Still Waiting
    8. Stop! In The Name of Love
    9. Theme from Mahogany/Ain't No Mountain High Enough
    10. Endless Love
    11. The Best Years of My Life
    12. I Will Survive

A pretty decent set. 'Not over You' as her latest single had to be performed I guess and at least 'I Will Survive' was as good as I've ever heard it from her.

UK hits [[which US audiences might have shaken their heads at) were included and and only 'Best Years' leaves me thinking 'why not THIS or THAT or the OTHER?).

Anyway - an enjoyable show but wondering if Bluebrock had any involvement in that 1999 tour and this show in particular?

And for others - whether you watched it back in the day or on YT since [[or even maybe today) - what did you think of it?
    Yes i was there. It was recorded just weeks after the infamous Heathrow incident. All members of the studio audience were whisked airport style in an amusing nod to the Heathrow debacle. Diana was in good spirits despite all the traumas going on in her life. It was a difficult period for her but she was very professional that afternoon and it remains one of my favourite latter day experiences with her. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes i was there.

it remains one of my favourite latter day experiences with her. Glad you enjoyed the show.
    So glad it's one of your favourites too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes i was there. It was recorded just weeks after the infamous Heathrow incident. All members of the studio audience were whisked airport style in an amusing nod to the Heathrow debacle. Diana was in good spirits despite all the traumas going on in her life. It was a difficult period for her but she was very professional that afternoon and it remains one of my favourite latter day experiences with her. Glad you enjoyed the show.
    That's good to hear all around. The Heathrow incident was a disgrace; the employee is 'lucky' that it happened when it did; these incidents have a deservedly higher profile nowadays.

One might have hoped that Diana would have learned something from Motown 25 in that it’s never acceptable to manhandle a fellow performer, or as in this case physically assault a female security officer, no matter how justified you feel you are.
    Then as in now, there are procedures to go through to file a complaint which i imagine can be rather tedious. Fair or unfair, that’s the law as it applies to everyone.
    She was lucky it was in the UK that she got off so lightly.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 02-11-2023 at 06:36 PM.