Their acceptance 5 minutes long

Apologies if it doesn’t work

Seems to work for me

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    https://fb.watch/iAi0ytk0ih/?mibextid=qC1gEa

Don’t know if this will work - you may need to be on Facebook

Their acceptance 5 minutes long

Apologies if it doesn’t work
    thank you so much jobeterob. Good job! I would not have found this, no facebook account.

It's really nice to be able to see and hear these two.

I saw this on Facebook this morning. Lisa and Turkessa both did their Mothers very proud with very nice and classy acceptance speeches. It was a pleasure to watch these two young ladies speak.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I saw this on Facebook this morning. Lisa and Turkessa both did their Mothers very proud with very nice and classy acceptance speeches. It was a pleasure to watch these two young ladies speak.
    I totally agree Jim. Both Flo and Mary would have been really proud and moved by their daughters words.

Here's the whole thing, divided into segments, from Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CobY8dxrgTp/

Thanks Rob, I just happen to see it this morning. It was very well said.

Great find Rob! The ladies look amazing. Lisa sounds a bit like her mother. They did a wonderful job.

I thought especially Lisa sounded pretty good. Lisa sounded like she might have some speaking experience. We needed her reminder that she didn't know her Mom - whereas hardcore fans feel they did know Florence.

Turkessa appears to be doing her best to keep the music playing.

I'm not sure this would have been a place for Diana Ross; one of her children would have worked nicely though.

So how does this work ?
    Is there an overview of their careers shown ?
    Is there some sort of proclamation made by the Grammies ? An introduction with some substance? Is each “winner” paraded out one after another? The audience especially for so many winners sounds small, who are they ? One photographer ?
    Viewing this in isolation -minus the full context - seems rather

lacking ..

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    So how does this work ?
    Is there an overview of their careers shown ?
    Is there some sort of proclamation made by the Grammies ? An introduction with some substance? Is each “winner” paraded out one after another? The audience especially for so many winners sounds small, who are they ? One photographer ?
    Viewing this in isolation -minus the full context - seems rather

lacking ..
    The introduction was posted up the thread a bit by spreadinglove21.

Yes the whole affairs is pretty basic, low key, almost amateur in a way and lacking isn't an unfair comment.

Maybe given age, the length of time since these acts were "hot", the numbers of inductees who have passed away, the numbers that don't come - perhaps they given rather short shrift by someone who judges there isn't sufficient interest by the public to acknowledge this in the main show.

After I watched this again, I again thought there wasn't any way Diana Ross would come to this.

Ok thanks I tried to watch on spreading love’s link, but I couldn’t achieve any volume and was then informed I’d used up my one time allowed viewing .😝

So , each “winner” lined up and one after another when it was their time each was handed their trophy by the same guy ?
    Kind of like receiving your diploma from the principal at graduation ?

I just watched the presentation of the Lifetime Achievement to Diana Ross to see if it was any more special or spectacular. It wasn't . It was just as basic and low key as the presentation to The Supremes. And it was presented the night before the Main Grammy Awards just as this year. Instead of parading out her kids with her to accept that award, Diana could have used that extra minute to thank the Supremes, who played a major part in her career. Then she would have had a valid excuse for not showing up this year

They should give the Lifetime Achievement Award out on the Main Show, and not present it as a throwaway. And there should only be one or two a year. The Oscars make a big deal with their presentation of Lifetime Achievement Award. The Grammys presentation of the award to the recipient is just one step away from having the recipients sit in the audience and catching the award from a host who throws it out to them. Cheap - sick - sad

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I just watched the presentation of the Lifetime Achievement to Diana Ross to see if it was any more special or spectacular. It wasn't . It was just as basic and low key as the presentation to The Supremes. And it was presented the night before the Main Grammy Awards just as this year. Instead of parading out her kids with her to accept that award, Diana could have used that extra minute to thank the Supremes, who played a major part in her career. Then she would have had a valid excuse for not showing up this year

They should give the Lifetime Achievement Award out on the Main Show, and not present it as a throwaway. And there should only be one or two a year. The Oscars make a big deal with their presentation of Lifetime Achievement Award. The Grammys presentation of the award to the recipient is just one step away from having the recipients sit in the audience and catching the award from a host who throws it out to them. Cheap - sick - sad

I agree milven, it really does deserve to be part of the main show.
    My personal opinion is that we’re it possible Diana really should have attended, regardless of it having been 53 years since she left. It was the group that made her a star, breaking down racial barriers at a time of major social upheaval. It’s something the group will forever be associated with being an incredible achievement.
    Like it or not, Diana will always be best remembered as having been lead singer of the Supremes.

In recent years the Oscars have also relegated the lifetime achievement honors to the night before the main show, or perhaps weeks before the main show.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    In recent years the Oscars have also relegated the lifetime achievement honors to the night before the main show, or perhaps weeks before the main show.
    I did not know that. I have not seen the last few Oscar Awards. What an insult. These Lifetime Achievement Awards are usually given to Icons who never received a regular Oscar, Grammy, etc. To me, it is almost like a consolation prize saying "Sorry, we f***d up. Here, take this".

If I am not mistaken, I think Diana only agreed to take hers if she were also going to participate in the main show. In fact, at the end of her acceptance speech in the video above, some guy came over and kissed her and said "We'll see you tomorrow?"

The Grammys presentation of the award to the recipient is just one step away from having the recipients sit in the audience and catching the award from a host who throws it out to them. Cheap - sick - sad
    hee haw ! That’s how it feels to
    me too.
    Did they even record them in any professional manner? What we are seeing seems to be from an audience members cell phone !
    Like Groucho said ,
    I hope they at least provided them with a nice lunch !!!

I remember many years ago when they used to devote an entire telecast to these awards. Back in the late 80s, I remember a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award telecast hosted by Dionne Warwick. B.B. King and Ray Charles amongst others, were honored. Joe Cocker, Cissy Houston, Natalie Cole, and others sang in their honor.

A couple of years later, the Grammy Legend Awards were also given their own telecast, with honorees such as Aretha, Liza Minnelli, Quincy Jones, Billy Joel, etc.

I remember these shows being very well-produced and entertaining. I'm not sure why they stopped doing them unless the ratings weren't great.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I remember many years ago when they used to devote an entire telecast to these awards. Back in the late 80s, I remember a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award telecast hosted by Dionne Warwick. B.B. King and Ray Charles amongst others, were honored. Joe Cocker, Cissy Houston, Natalie Cole, and others sang in their honor.

A couple of years later, the Grammy Legend Awards were also given their own telecast, with honorees such as Aretha, Liza Minnelli, Quincy Jones, Billy Joel, etc.

I remember these shows being very well-produced and entertaining. I'm not sure why they stopped doing them unless the ratings weren't great.
    I suspect they are not attracting enough viewers and specifically, younger viewers nor can they attract advertising $$$.