[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Motorcity Records

Hi everyone!

I’ve not started a thread in a while but I’ve had this one in the works for years! So, following on from our discussion here https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...827#post742827, let’s go!

This is a topic that has always fascinated me. In many ways, Ian Levine's Motorcity Records project was a truly amazing thing, giving over 100 ex-Motowners a well-deserved career revival, and allowing us fans to hear their voices once again.

The music, however, is not always considered so amazing. Personally, I’m not a fan of the typically very synthesised, cheap-sounding backing tracks, some of which are particularly ill-fitting for ex-Motown artists… whose own vocals weren’t always at their best anymore.

I also think it’s fair to say that sometimes the label favoured quantity over quality…

HOWEVER! I am a firm believer that the label put out some great music and this thread is here to celebrate just that. So, please join me in posting and discussing your favourite Motorcity songs!

I'll start off with an utterly fantastic tune, a classic, and quite possibly the best Motorcity song EVER! It's certainly my personal favourite anyway... and a hit in the UK to boot…

Last edited by TomatoTom123; 02-04-2023 at 06:08 AM.