[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Luther Vandross "Live" album being released with new songs [2/10/2023-J Records]

Info From SoulTracks.com-
    J Records and Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, are pleased to announce the deluxe digital release of Luther Vandross - Live Radio City Music Hall 2003 - Expanded 20th Anniversary Edition - The Last Concert on Friday, February 10.

A romantic prelude to Valentine's Day 2023, Luther's Radio City rendition of "I'd Rather" [the second #1 Billboard Adult R&B Songs chart-topper from 2001's Top 10 platinum-selling eponymous album] is being released as a single accompanied by an elegant new lyric video [the first-ever created for the song] premiering online today.

Luther Vandross--the award-winning American singer, songwriter, producer and performer whose exquisite tenor vocals combined elements of R&B, pop, soul and indefinable magic while selling millions of records--performed two sold-out shows at New York's fabled Radio City Music Hall on February 11 and 12, 2003. Though his Radio City concerts would be his last--Luther suffered a severe stroke in April 2003 and died July 1, 2005--the artist was at the peak of his powers during these shows and this newly-restored concert recording captures Luther's masterful showmanship, soulful singing, and deep connection to his audience.

J Records released Luther Vandross - Live Radio City Music Hall 2003, an eleven-song edited version of the concert, on October 14, 2003. On the 20th anniversary of Luther's final shows, J/Legacy are releasing an expanded edition featuring the full concert, with the setlist restored to original concert order and Luther's on-stage banter providing insight into his personality, sense of humor and commitment to his audience and his songs.

The expanded 20th anniversary edition of Luther Vandross - Live Radio City 2003 includes the eleven songs from the original release as well as four new tracks--"Power of Love/Love Power," "Going Out of My Head," "Any Day Now," and "Say It Now"--and more.

Luther Vandross - Live Radio City Music Hall 2003 - Expanded 20th Anniversary Edition - The Last Concert
    1. Power of Love / Love Power [new track]
    2. Happy Valentine's Day [spoken word]
    3. Never Too Much
    4. Work It/ Here and Now [spoken word]
    5. Here And Now
    6. Going Out Of My Head [new track]
    7. Stop To Love
    8. Love Won’t Let Me Wait
    9. Any Day Now [new track]
    10. A House Is Not A Home
    11. I’d Rather
    12. Take You Out
    13. Say It Now [new track]
    14. Superstar
    15. Band Introduction [spoken word and music including :30 of “I Believe”]
    16. Intro to “Glow Of Love” [spoken word]
    17. Glow Of Love
    18. Encore [spoken word]
    19. If Only For One Night
    20. Creepin’

Last edited by Motown Eddie; 01-22-2023 at 05:39 AM.