[REMOVE ADS]

The Detroit Emeralds slow down the jam on "In My Life"

From SoulTracks.com-
    When is the last time you stopped and smelled the roses? Most of us have heard that advice before but we can get so wrapped up in our day-to-day routines that it's easy to forget to stop and smell the roses or pause to reflect on the good things we have in our lives.
    Well, The Detroit Emeralds - who are known for their global 70’s hits "Feel the Need," "Baby Let Me Take You,” and "You Want It, You Got It" - are showing appreciation for what they have on their latest single, "In My Life."
    This smooth, soulful track finds them singing:
    "I know life is what you make it
    Sometimes it rains but still the sun comes shining through
    I've learned to appreciate everything in my life
    Take time for myself, smell the roses too"
    Written and composed by the group, "In My Life" is the third of five new singles The Detroit Emeralds have released since 2021 that will comprise a forthcoming EP. In addition to that, the R&B act is rehearsing for several performances and recording a new full album, scheduled for release on MCM Global Team in 2023.
    This is all part of group founder and lead singer James Mitchell, Jr.'s goal of continuing The Detroit Emeralds' legacy. In recent years, Mitchell handpicked vocalists to join him in the group to do just that. Today, along with Mitchell, the group consists of Dewayne "Loc" Lomax, Alfonzo Livingston, and Delbert Nelson. Previous members Lavel Jackson and Eddie Cameron also provided vocals on "In My Life", which is available now on all digital platforms.
    Check out "In My Life" below and let The Detroit Emeralds serenade you with their attitude of gratitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    From SoulTracks.com-
    When is the last time you stopped and smelled the roses? Most of us have heard that advice before but we can get so wrapped up in our day-to-day routines that it's easy to forget to stop and smell the roses or pause to reflect on the good things we have in our lives.
    Well, The Detroit Emeralds - who are known for their global 70’s hits "Feel the Need," "Baby Let Me Take You,” and "You Want It, You Got It" - are showing appreciation for what they have on their latest single, "In My Life."
    This smooth, soulful track finds them singing:
    "I know life is what you make it
    Sometimes it rains but still the sun comes shining through
    I've learned to appreciate everything in my life
    Take time for myself, smell the roses too"
    Written and composed by the group, "In My Life" is the third of five new singles The Detroit Emeralds have released since 2021 that will comprise a forthcoming EP. In addition to that, the R&B act is rehearsing for several performances and recording a new full album, scheduled for release on MCM Global Team in 2023.
    This is all part of group founder and lead singer James Mitchell, Jr.'s goal of continuing The Detroit Emeralds' legacy. In recent years, Mitchell handpicked vocalists to join him in the group to do just that. Today, along with Mitchell, the group consists of Dewayne "Loc" Lomax, Alfonzo Livingston, and Delbert Nelson. Previous members Lavel Jackson and Eddie Cameron also provided vocals on "In My Life", which is available now on all digital platforms.
    Check out "In My Life" below and let The Detroit Emeralds serenade you with their attitude of gratitude.

Nice mellow tune. I did not know they were still together. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Nice mellow tune. I did not know they were still together. Thanks for posting.
    You're Welcome Bluebrock. I didn't know there was a new edition of The Detroit Emeralds either before seeing that article on Soul Tracks. They're one of my favorite vocal groups from the '70s and it's good to see James Mitchell Jr. keeping their legacy alive.