[REMOVE ADS]

A Solution For Diana Ross and the Supremes Music Not Yet On CD

Hi Harry, Andy and George,

Here's my suggestion for a release by Diana Ross and the Supremes that would get those last two albums on CD.
    There's a definite audience for this, e.g., Supremes' fans, Broadway music enthusiasts, and "boomers!!!" Plus, fans of The Temptations!!!! [[G.I.T.)

Diana Ross and The Supremes: BROADWAY MEMORIES
    This 2-CD set focused on classic Broadway music could include: [[1) The soundtrack of G.I.T. on Broadway with previously unreleased performances from the show; [[2) The Supremes Sing and Perform Funny Girl with alternate tracks; [[3) a collection of Broadway show stoppers previously released by The Supremes on various albums [[examples: The Sound of Music, If I Ruled the World, Aquarius, etc.); and [[4) alternate versions of some of these previously released Broadway tunes.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 06-12-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Love your intelligent thinking on this Longtime~~~
    Last edited by captainjames; 06-13-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks, Captainjames. There's often discussion about these two albums unreleased on CD, so I thought this would be a very marketable strategy with appeal to multiple groups. I wonder what others think?

There is an unreleased DRATS outtake from "GIT" that I have heard of that is entitled: "Let's Sing Those Broadway Songs."
    That, to me, would make a great title for this set. To include: GIT with outtakes, Funny Girl, & [[if possible) the "pre-records" that they did for Ed Sullivan & other shows ie "The Fats Waller Medley" "The Irving Berlin Medley" ect. That would be a terrific set!!!!!
    Last edited by Sacramento John; 06-14-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Is that the unreleased track where the girls sing "Mad About The Boy"?
    Not sure if that's a title or lyric....

RossHolloway Guest
    I think these releases would be better suited for I-Tunes, with a downloadable album cover and liner notes.

Why not release it both ways- through I-Tunes and as a physical cd. Some of us [[and it appears that there are several of us here) are old school in that respect.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Why not release it both ways- through I-Tunes and as a physical cd. Some of us [[and it appears that there are several of us here) are old school in that respect.
    I'm very old school as well, but if it came down to having an I-Tune release vs not having it released at all, I'd go for an I-Tunes release.

My preference would certainly be for something tactical [[with photos & stories), but I-Tunes would work if production costs for a "physical" product would prevent it's creation. I went onto I-Tunes & purchased the DRATS "The Music That Makes Me Dance" song just to get a Funny Girl digital track.

Ramone, I can't remember if "Mad about the boy" was in that medley..it's quite lengthy & Diana does do some of "Little Girl Blue" in it. I do recall Jean-Mary-Lynda doing "Mad about the Boy" as part of a medley with Bob Hope!
    Last edited by Sacramento John; 06-15-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I'm very old school as well, but if it came down to having an I-Tune release vs not having it released at all, I'd go for an I-Tunes release.
    You're so right.

I had to buy a CD player cos Never Before Released Masters was only available as a CD.

Yeh, John, that was in 1987, before the war [[pick yr own war...) ;-)

That has shocked me....I can't believe I've had a cd player for nearly 25 years?