[REMOVE ADS]

Smile An introduction and my music review blog, "Ran Man's Reviews"

Hello To Everyone Here at SoulfulDetroit.Com

I'd like to formally introduce myself to you all here.

My name is Randy Holmes and I hail from the Big Apple, New York City.

I've been reading this forum for years, but never posted. I'm a freelance
    music journalist and I mainly write music reviews. January of this year, I started my own music review blog. One I call, "RAN MAN'S REVIEWS"

I mainly review albums that were not "hits", whatever that means, during the time of it's initial release period. I'd like to present the link to you all here in hopes you would check it out, if time permits for you.

There's a lot to read, so please take your time ! LOL ! :-)

I hope to interact with a lot of you here. Thank you for allowing me to
    present my blog here.

Take care & God Bless !

RH ..... http://ranmanreviews.blogspot.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Randy,
    Welcome to the forum. Good to have you with us.

Thanks for the heads up, welcome and I'll take a peek and let you know......

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Randy,
    Welcome to the forum. Good to have you with us.
    Thank You Very Much, I appreciate it !

RH

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, welcome and I'll take a peek and let you know......

You're most welcome ! .... and Thank You for visiting my site, I appreciate it very much !

RH

I've been reading this forum for years, but never posted. I'm a freelance music journalist and I mainly write music reviews. January of this year, I started my own music review blog. One I call, "RAN MAN'S REVIEWS"
    Whoa, your review of Tawatha Agees reissue CD was on point. Your site is extensive and I'll get deeper into it as time permits, but a person of your knowledge and skill level should contribute here as well. I ain't letting you off that easy.

hi ran man
    welcome to sdf,i just had a look at your blog.there's so much stuff on there i'm going to have to give myself more time.
    its on my faves now.looks good!cheers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Whoa, your review of Tawatha Agees reissue CD was on point. Your site is extensive and I'll get deeper into it as time permits, but a person of your knowledge and skill level should contribute here as well. I ain't letting you off that easy.
    Thank you very much for your kind words Paladin, I sincerely appreciate it ! ..... LOL ! I'll try to contribute as much as I can. Having been in the music industry for almost 25 years now, it's been great to write about these artists, whom a lot are good friends of mine, so I get the satisfaction of giving them their looooong overdue props.

I'm working on more reviews as I type this out to you. It's a LOT of work, but in the end, it's all worth it ! Thank you again !

RH

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    hi ran man
    welcome to sdf,i just had a look at your blog.there's so much stuff on there i'm going to have to give myself more time.
    its on my faves now.looks good!cheers
    Hi Tamla .... as in the Motown imprint ? Correct ? LOL ! I like that :-)

Thank you very much for welcoming me here, I appreciate it ! :-) ..... Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to visit my blog, I appreciate it ! :-)

Yeah I know, there's a lot to read ! LOL ! :-) ... Thanks for adding my blog to your "Favorites" list. The honor is all mine !

Cheers !

RM

paladin
    you work in a legal department with all that small print?lol
    my mark 1 eyeball aint that good i had to put the lap top in the far corner and get my 10x50 binoculars out to read it!
    not really, i just had to magnify the page to 400%!

Randy, hello and welcome from a fellow New Yorker. What took you so long? hehehehehe! I will be checking your blog out shortly.

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    paladin
    you work in a legal department with all that small print?lol
    my mark 1 eyeball aint that good i had to put the lap top in the far corner and get my 10x50 binoculars out to read it!
    not really, i just had to magnify the page to 400%!
    I had a shock too Tamla617 You have a sense of humour that kills me. *smile*

Randy
    Hi there. There's a lot there.

After reading the Emotions "If Only I Knew" review....I have started to wish I had bought it!

Wonderful review of Ralph Saddiq's "Good Man" there

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Randy, hello and welcome from a fellow New Yorker. What took you so long? hehehehehe! I will be checking your blog out shortly.

Marv
    Hello Marv, my fellow NYC Subway Rider !

Thank you for your warm greeting, I appreciate it :-) .... Ha Ha Ha ! LOL ! I've been holed up at this computer, under these, cheap, but very good headphones cranking out these reviews ..... Thanks ! ....... and Thank You for taking the time out to read my blog, I really appreciate it man !

I'm working on one right now I HOPING to finish tonight. When I upload it, I'll DEFINITELY post the link here. .... I won't tell you whom it is, but you'll IMMEDIATELY know whom he is, as soon as you look at the cover ;-)

Peace,

RH

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I had a shock too Tamla617 You have a sense of humour that kills me. *smile*

Randy
    Hi there. There's a lot there.

After reading the Emotions "If Only I Knew" review....I have started to wish I had bought it!
    Hi T.B.F.X.T !! ..... {{{I hope you didn't me doing a "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince abbreviated as T.A.F.K.A.P." ... on ya ? LOL :-) ..... }}

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog ! I appreciate it ! .... Yes, there is a lot, sometimes I wonder if I myself could've read all that ... much less write it ! LOL ! :-)

The Emotions album is a great record ! Like I said in the review, I wish the "suit's" at this "more than watered down" Motown Records in 2011, would look beyond the "bottom line" for a change, and release that record for it's artistic value, rather than sales potential ... or at least put it on iTunes or eMusic, anywhere.

Wayne Vaughn, Wanda's husband contacted me, and said to me he loved the review, and that, he too, wish Motown would reissue it. ..... Eh, we'll see, you know how those things go.

Thank you again !

Peace,

RH

Thumbs up Rafael Saadiq "Good Man"

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Wonderful review of Ralph Saddiq's "Good Man" there
    Thank you again ! Much appreciated ! .... That one is one of my most read, I was kinda shocked by that ... but I shouldn't really because it's a great song, and he's a fantastic artist. TALK ABOUT ONE REINVENTING THEMSELVES ?! Rafael's a shining example of that !

Peace,

RH

Hi Randy, and welcome aboard! I too do occasional reviews for Amazon, under the name Richard Kimble, Doctor. One of my CD reviews is a review of a UK Kent release by Joe Tex. Always nice to see another writer around the place!

Best,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark speck View Post
    Hi Randy, and welcome aboard! I too do occasional reviews for Amazon, under the name Richard Kimble, Doctor. One of my CD reviews is a review of a UK Kent release by Joe Tex. Always nice to see another writer around the place!

Best,

Mark
    Hi Mark !

Thank you very much for the greeting, much appreciated ! Glad to be here ! :-) .. Hey how's everything fellow 'scriber ! :-)
    Nice to meet fellow writers as well ! :-) .... Mr. Joe "Show Me Whatcha Workin' With" Tex ! One of my favorites !

Nice to meet you Mark ! :-) ... I'm looking forward to sharing many "writers block" stories with you ! LOL ! :-)

Cheers Mate ! :-)

RH