Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
Odd coincidence?

I just finished binge watching the Hulu show Only Murders In The Building starring Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez. The show is set in NYC and at the end of the first season at the end of the episode what song starts to play? MANHATTAN. Not the Ella Fitzgerald version but the version by THE SUPREMES! I was absolutely floored to the point that I had to replay the ending twice just to hear Diana and Florence in all their glory! How random is that after this thread and discussion?

Side note: Sting, the musician also pops up in a couple of episodes. If you haven't seen the show it's worth a look, it's a little quirky, but a fun show.
That is really amazing- and very cool! I used to think about how Motown had their artists record these standards and if any of those recordings would remain in peoples' memories much like people revere the Frank Sinatras, Ella Fitzgeralds and such. Well, this is a darn fine answer to that question. I love that even if it's just that one song, it's getting introduced to newer generations. Hopefully, it'll spark some to go looking for this song and then they'll get to see the many other R&H songs the group did.