Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post

Mary went off script for a speech and she supposedly changed the agreed upon gown color [[has this ever been confirmed or is this fan fodder?). And yet she was still allowed to step on stage for the Supremes reunion. Diana Ross pushed Mary Wilson and the reunion was effectively over. Mary wasn't the problem that night, Diana was. Mary might have had some coke and liquor, who knows? But lets say she did have something for her nose and throat. The drunk druggie didn't put her hands on anyone that night, the sober diva did. To excuse Diana's behavior that night is just further proof that she could shoot someone in the middle of fifth avenue...and well, y'all know the rest.
I must admit that I loved Mary's dress and never thought about anything else about it until I read various posts saying she deviated from was what agreed upon. But when you look at the other performers on the show, it could be true. Most of the performers do seem to be wearing black, white or something muted. The colorful costumes worn by Mary and High Inergy seem to be the exception.

Re Diana's actions, for years it has been said to be anything from a push to a shove to a hand on Mary's shoulder. There was also reports that Diana pulled the mike from Mary's mouth. In her book, Mary said it happened when she called Berry down. In an interview with A TOUCH OF CLASSIC SOUL, Cindy says it happened during SOMEDAY. In any event, if this is true, as much as I love Diana, IMO she still shouldn't have gotten physical for any reason.