[REMOVE ADS]

It's Time for the Dvd, THE SUPREMES,from the 70s-from1970 to 1977,

Yes it's a dream come true, to have The Supremes Let Yourself Go The Final Session 1974-1977 cd in my hand.[[and loving it)But let's not stop dreaming,it's time to have a dvd,on The Supremes,from the 70s,the Mary Cindy Jean Lynda Scherrie and Susaye years,from 1970 to 1977,I think it's time,what do you think ?Supremes fans,from the 70s.
    Please stay positive

I think it is a very good idea that I hope happens.

I'd LOVE a DVD of the Jean years [[including the Pearl Bailey Special, Live at Ford Theater, the Flip Wilson "Lean On Me" performance and the Smokey Robinson Special) but I find the later versions of Supremes a bit hard to watch. Even though I loved their albums they never were quite "supreme" for me live.
    Last edited by jeff9nyc; 06-08-2011 at 10:50 PM.

I don't agree: on Youtube there are clips of a great Montreux performance in 1976:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAGcVjrrCWI

What a great idea! What tracks would you have on it?

Just off the top of my head [[and I have tried to stay with original Supremes songs, rather than covers like 'All I Want' etc):

1. Up The Ladder To The Roof - Ed Sullivan Show
    2. Everybody's Got The Right To Love - The Glen Campbell Show
    3. Stoned Love - This is Tom Jones
    4. Floy Joy - Merv Griffin Show
    5. Your Wonderful Sweet, Sweet Love - The Flip Wilson Show
    7. I Guess I'll Miss The Man - The Mike Douglas Show
    8. Bad Weather - Soul Train
    9. He's My Man - Dinah
    10. Early Morning Love - Soul Train
    11. This Is Why I Believe In You - American Bandstand
    12. Where Is It I Belong- Dinah
    13. I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking - Soul Train
    14. You're What's Missing In My Life - American Bandstand
    15. Don't Let My Teardrops Bother You - Mike Douglas Show
    16. You're My Driving Wheel - not sure, but surely it must exist.
    17. Let Yourself Go - Mike Douglas
    18. Come Into My Life - Soul Train

Quote Originally Posted by supremesouluk2 View Post
    What a great idea! What tracks would you have on it?

Just off the top of my head [[and I have tried to stay with original Supremes songs, rather than covers like 'All I Want' etc):

1. Up The Ladder To The Roof - Ed Sullivan Show
    2. Everybody's Got The Right To Love - The Glen Campbell Show
    3. Stoned Love - This is Tom Jones
    4. Floy Joy - Merv Griffin Show
    5. Your Wonderful Sweet, Sweet Love - The Flip Wilson Show
    7. I Guess I'll Miss The Man - The Mike Douglas Show
    8. Bad Weather - Soul Train
    9. He's My Man - Dinah
    10. Early Morning Love - Soul Train
    11. This Is Why I Believe In You - American Bandstand
    12. Where Is It I Belong- Dinah
    13. I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking - Soul Train
    14. You're What's Missing In My Life - American Bandstand
    15. Don't Let My Teardrops Bother You - Mike Douglas Show
    16. You're My Driving Wheel - not sure, but surely it must exist.
    17. Let Yourself Go - Mike Douglas
    18. Come Into My Life - Soul Train
    Great list; while it wasn't a single, I would also add Mary, Scherrie and Cindy's "All I Want". You gotta love those karate chops!

Did the Supremes and the Four Tops ever perform any of their duets on television?

There was at least one occasion where the Supremes with Jean Terrell Performed I'm Gonna Make you Love Me with the Temptations with Damon Harris. Not sure if it was videotaped but it was recorded albeit in poor quality. A remastered version should definitly be included in a future anthology.

Jean, Mary and Cindy's medley of Traveling Salvation Show/The Loving Country from the Tom Jones Show would HAVE to be included on any DVD. It's a must!

Since I'm dreaming, can we add:

"Up the Ladder" - Smokey Robinson Special
    "Someday We'll Be Together" [[duet with Smokey) - Smokey Robinson Special
    "Groovin'/People Got to Be Free" - Andy Williams Show
    "Up the Ladder/EGTRTL" - Andy Williams
    "Homeward Bound/Keep the Customer Satusfied" - Glenn Campbell

He's My Man,on the Johnny Carson Show,Mary Cindy Scherrie,
    Come into my life,Mary Scherrie Susaye,on Soul Train,
    Don't Let My Teardrop Bother You,on Mike Douglas Show,Mary Scherrie Susaye,
    Early Morning Love,on The Nancy Wilson Show,Mary Cindy Scherrie,
    You Are The Heart Of Me,Mary Scherrie Susaye,on The Mike Douglas Show.
    Let Yourself Go,Mary Scherrie Susaye,onThe Mike Douglas Show,
    You're My Driving Wheel,Mary Scherrie Susaye,on Marv Griffin Show,
    You're What's Missing,In My Life,Mary Scherrie Susaye,on American Bandstand
    I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking,Mary Scherrie Susaye,on Soul Train,
    Floy Joy,Mary Cindy Jean,on The Marv Griffin Show,
    Stoned Love Medley,Mary Cindy Jean,on The Flip Wilson Show,
    Up The Ladder To The Roof,Mary Cindy Jean,on The Smokey Robinson Show,
    I Guess I'll Miss The Man,Mary Jean Lynda,on Soul Train,
    You're Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love,Mary Jean Lynda,on The Flip Wilson Show,
    Bad Weather,Mary Jean Lynda,on Bob Hope Special,
    Last edited by REDHOT; 06-09-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Give me anything with Scherrie Payne as a group member and I will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    I don't agree: on Youtube there are clips of a great Montreux performance in 1976:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAGcVjrrCWI
    Hey Jack...
    I respectfully disagree. I tried very hard to like this grouping live, but they just didn't do it for me like their records did. They never seemed to mesh together on stage visually. I think their performance seems manic, a bit clumsy/desperate and unrestrained on this video. They lost their "supreme elegance" and moves. And I repeat...I loved the recorded music and I think that this was the best performance in that concert. But, again, it doesn't come close to what Jean did with the song for me. I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla, right?
    Last edited by jeff9nyc; 06-09-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Ramone Verona Guest
    After hearing what kinds of licensing problems they're having just with TCMS last editions, I can't imagine the headaches bringing various 70's variety shows just on the Supremes to fruition would cause.
    Andy and George have been pretty clear on those things.
    And to think that TCMS is not only material in the vaults but also Motown productions.
    What a mess of licensing issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramone Verona View Post
    After hearing what kinds of licensing problems they're having just with TCMS last editions, I can't imagine the headaches bringing various 70's variety shows just on the Supremes to fruition would cause.
    Andy and George have been pretty clear on those things.
    And to think that TCMS is not only material in the vaults but also Motown productions.
    What a mess of licensing issues!

Maybe they could follow whatever process or procedure they used to bring us the DVD releases of Marvin Gaye, The [[60's) Supremes, Temptations, Four Tops and Smokey and the Miracles.

Very valid point there Marv.

What you're saying is spot on. It's certainly possible. There are no real barriers, it just needs a meeting of minds....and maybe a bit more!

You Gotta Have Love In Your Heart by The Supremes & Four Tops was performed on the U.K.s. Top Of The Pops T.V. show. They were promoting The Return Of The Magnificent Seven album at the time. Paulo xxx

I also like to have on a dvd,on THE SUPREMES,FROM the 70s,Mary Scherrie Susaye,singing I'm Gonna Let My Heart,Do The Walking,on The Marv Griffin Show,Marv join the SUPREMES,singing on Let My Heart.[[smile)
    Please stay positive

I absolutely TOTALLY agree - give the 70's girls their just dues and there's plenty of stuff out there for the likes of 'Reeling in the Years' and other similar production companies to scoop up, package well [[with the ladies faces on the cover please!) and sell to us undying Supremes fans. Lord knows, I've put some great stuff on YouTube over the past few years [[though sadly not great quality as most of it is duped off old, old VHS tapes - many converted from NTSC to PAL too which makes the quality degrade even more!) The Japanese concerts, all the US/UK/European TV shows. I reckon there's possibly about 5 or 6 hours worth of good quality stuff tucked away on shelves in studios libraries. What about all the Soul Train stuff..? There must be an hour's worth of stuff there - from one programme! J/M/C, J/M/L, S/M/C all did big TV shows over here like Top of the Pops but the master tapes were all wiped [[including some performances with the Four Tops) which was a criminal thing to do. Why? Because the good old BBC wanted to re-use the video tapes!!! Madness. Anyway, WHATEVER any company wants to compile and release - I'll be first in line to buy it. I always preferred the 70's Supremes to the 60's group. For me, personally I just found the 60's group far too 'close-up on Diana' though I'm not for a second doubting the lady's incredible vocals/stage presence. I just fell in love with Jean and later Scherrie because they always seemed more 'real' and approachable to me than Diana. Now I know that'll stir things up a little, but we are ALL entitled to our [[realistic) opinions folks... Steve.

Well said STEVE,give me THE SUPREMES,from the 70s,I loved seeing,THE SUPREMES Mary Jean Lynda,singing[[live) I Guess I'll Miss The Man,on Soul Train.
    Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Well said STEVE,give me THE SUPREMES,from the 70s,I loved seeing,THE SUPREMES Mary Jean Lynda,singing[[live) I Guess I'll Miss The Man,on Soul Train.
    Please stay positive
    They also do an AMAZING live version of "I Guess I'll Miss The Man" and "Bad Weather" on the Kate Smith Special

Did The Supremes[[Mary Cindy Jean) ever sang Touch on TV ?If so,this would be great for the DVD.
    Please stay positive

Did The Supremes[[Mary Cindy Jean) ever sang Touch on TV ?If so,this would be great for the DVD.
    Please stay positive
    I never saw Mary, Cindy and Jean perform it, but Mary, Jean with Lynda Laurence did on "The Model of the Year" special in 1973.

Please stay positive
    Yes, they did. It was on a episode of Flip wilson's show, and they wore those yellow dresses with the cut outs in the cleavage area.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Yes, they did. It was on a episode of Flip wilson's show, and they wore those yellow dresses with the cut outs in the cleavage area.

Jill if they performed it on the Flip Wilson Show, then I saw it. Can you remember what other songs they performed on that show. Thanks!

Jill...respectfully, I don't believe they ever did "Touch" on the Flip Wilson Show. I don't believe they ever wore the yellow cut-out gowns on TV. I think the only thing they did on the Flip Wilson Show that we haven't seen [[in it's entirety) is "Lean On Me." They did that along with a skit on the "You're Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love," telecast [[white fringed minis) [[JML). I'd love to see the Pearl Bailey Special, "The Boarder Song, " and "River Deep Mountain High" [[JMC). And The Ford Theater performance [[JMC). Haven't seen them since they aired. Or how about Merv Griffin..."Where You Lead," and "Floy Joy," both live [[JMC). Or David Frost...a whole hour of songs and talk including Jean's "People" [[JMC).