[REMOVE ADS]

Jr Walker with Thelma Houston " I Need You Right Now

Great combination of Jr and Thelma with strings arranged by Gene Page!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post

Great combination of Jr and Thelma with strings arranged by Gene Page!
    This was first issued on his 1976 Hot Shot lp, and I think maybe his best album. Most of it, like this track, was produced by Brian Holland. The lp has several of HDH's Invictus tracks re-worked for Junior. I never tire of this album, but Motown pretty much just sat on it. Side A is especially good.

I have it on
    https://www.discogs.com/master/274820-Jr-Walker-Smooth

Is this a leftovers compilation?

I Need You Now first appeared in 1976 on Junior's Hot Shot lp. Smooth I think came in 1978 and also included this and some other vault tracks. Jr had already left for Norman Whitfield's label as I recall. This lp was likely a contract release. I would call Motown productions each month back then when I was a DJ to get the lowdown on what was coming out. I rememeber a lady telling me about this lp and the accompanying single "Hard Love." I told her how I always loved Junior's work and was Hard Love going to be big and she responded, "I don't think too big." How is that for promotion?