[REMOVE ADS]

Expanded editions

Well I got the new George Michael and Elvis CDs,..expanded editions and I ordered new John mellencamp and Olivia Newton John come November.
    But no new Ross related such....
    Feeling cheated honestly
    Total bummer

I agree. We're so close to the end of the Supremes/DRATS catalog. Without "specialty" albums, REFLECTIONS, LOVE CHILD, SUNSHINE, and CREAM could finish it out.

Last I heard, both REFLECTIONS and LOVE CHILD were complete, or close to complete.

I feel you on that. Just ordered the latest Elvis Expanded. Just wishing the Ross/Supremes were coming out. Sigh

We also have been waiting for “Ross 78” forever! That would complete her studio albums for Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    We also have been waiting for “Ross 78” forever! That would complete her studio albums for Motown.
    We haven't gotten proper EEs for Diana and Marvin, The Boss or Caesar's Palace either, the first two only being remastered with bonus tracks. [[I don't know of any additional material from An Evening With that would warrant "expanding" it.)

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    We haven't gotten proper EEs for Diana and Marvin, The Boss or Caesar's Palace either, the first two only being remastered with bonus tracks. [[I don't know of any additional material from An Evening With that would warrant "expanding" it.)
    It really could be said that her debut album didn't really get a proper expanded edition treatment like her other albums did. I'm sure there are more alternate vocals plus the whole Coconut Grove show could make a great 2-CD set.

Another one to be revisited is Sing Rodgers & Hart. Mono, stereo, and all the tracks from the sessions with new mixes and alternate vocals.

There has got to be unreleased songs the didn’t make the album [[The Boss) or at least alternate versions of the songs that did make it. They could also throw in a remastered “Live at Caesars palace 79” DVD, or just the tracks- I’d love a “CD/download of that- at the very least. That show is basically “The Boss” album live.

Something should also be done with her debut album. How about releasing her debut show?

Right now I’m leaning towards visuals. Unreleased concert footage, or TV specials is what I want.

I agree. But we did get something. They do list those as being expanded but a double CD would have been so much better. And I know we didn’t get any of the live albums. But I was just talking studio albums. Ross 78 is the only one without anything extra.

[[I don't know of any additional material from An Evening With that would warrant "expanding" it.)
    I think ONE LOVE IN MY LIFETIME was the only song not included on the AN EVENING WITH... album. Perhaps any extra songs from LADY. When I saw the show, she sang GOD BLESS THE CHILD and Diana mentioned how nice it was getting such a response to a song they had just put in the show. But on the album, I CRIED FOR YOU was in its place.

Also, perhaps they could restore the show back to its original running order. On the album, REACH OUT AND TOUCH is edited down to less than 3 minutes and is slapped onto the end of Side 3, most likely because it wouldn't fit on Side 4. But in concert, REACH OUT was the finale. After that, the Jones Girls sang IF I EVER LOSE THIS HEAVEN before Diana ended the show with a reprise of AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH.

for the info we've received, One Love was part of An Evening but cut from the lp. but otherwise the show it there in full. of course there are most likely different night performances recorded

the Caesar's album was really shortened. and i wonder if the order of the show was changed for the album. there were several more Lady songs, more Sesame Street tunes. i want to say i think the album was planned as a 2-disc but then cut down

for The Boss and diana 80, i don't know if there are many/any unreleased tunes. seems like they focused on the 8 tracks and that's it. there could certainly have been other tunes explored and many rehearsed a little but didn't make the cut. but there def could be alt takes of vocals and potentially extended versions. for The Boss they did several 12" mixes but looks like none were released for diana. but they might have mixed some.