[REMOVE ADS]

Cindy Birdsong update in The Hollywood Reporter

This has been making the rounds on social media this morning, but for those who haven't seen it yet, Cindy is mentioned in the opening paragraphs of their profile of Hollywood problem-solver - "don't call him a fixer" - Brad Herman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...an-1235233540/

Not long ago, Brad Herman, the right-hand man to hush-hush Hollywood, invited a longtime client, legendary Motown songwriter Eddie Holland, to a private visit with another client, The Supremes’ Cindy Birdsong, who since September 2021 has resided in a Los Angeles-area care facility after two strokes that have left her unable to walk or speak. Herman, who says he’s been granted power of attorney over the singer, had worked with Birdsong’s family members to extricate her from a previous living arrangement.

“Eddie puts his hand behind her head, very delicately, sweetly, saying, ‘Cindy, I’m really happy to see you,’ then he just sat there real close and sang in her ear: ‘Baby Love,’ ‘Love Child,’ ‘Someday We’ll Be Together,’ ” Herman recalls, eyes tearing, rolling up a shirtsleeve to show a forearm prickling in memory: goose bumps. “Every[one who has a public face has drama. I help.”
    So sorry to hear that Cindy's health has declined, even from what has been circulating among fans. However at least we have an update now, and some sense that things are under control, as far as her well-being is concerned.

May the good Lord watch over sweet Cindy and take her home when shes ready to go. What a lovely thing Mr Brian Holland did.

Dear God. This is horrific if true.

prayers for Cindy. this is sad. but hope she is getting the care she needs

I just got this confirmed. It's real. I don't even know what to say...

Pray that shes in a loving environment getting the care and love that she needs until God calls her home.

So sad this should happen to someone who gave pleasure to so many. Glad to read she is being well looked after. Life is a strange one sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    May the good Lord watch over sweet Cindy and take her home when shes ready to go. What a lovely thing Mr Brian Holland did.
    No one says it better than you do dear.

Fondly,
    Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    No one says it better than you do dear.

Fondly,
    Kenneth
    Bless you dear Kenneth. xxx

I had seen this on line earlier and although it was hard and tearful to hear I finally read something that told me what, where and why Cindy was no longer in the news. Much prayer for Cindy and her family. I have no idea who Brad Herman is or why he has been given power of attorney but I am thankful he has told us what is going on

Thanks for posting Telekin!

Well I'm glad Cindy is getting the care she needs. While she may be unable to walk and unable speak, her mental capabilities may still be active, so I hope there's some quality of life there. I know her faith has been very important to her and I'm sure it's giving her comfort.

I didn't realize Eddie and Cindy were close. In my mind I think about Cindy becoming a Supreme as HDH is walking out the door, but I guess she did have about five or six months of being in the group when HDH was still with Motown. Close or not, it's always nice to hear about the Motown family supporting one another.

Now that we have this news, does this mean that Diana officially has the answer to "Where is Cindy Birdsong"?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I didn't realize Eddie and Cindy were close. In my mind I think about Cindy becoming a Supreme as HDH is walking out the door, but I guess she did have about five or six months of being in the group when HDH was still with Motown. Close or not, it's always nice to hear about the Motown family supporting one another.

Now that we have this news, does this mean that Diana officially has the answer to "Where is Cindy Birdsong"?
    Don't forget, the Holland Brothers produced a couple of songs for the SMC Supremes 75 album, and Cindy was on the High Energy album sessions produced by the Hollands so they worked together.

Sad news about her medical condition, but kudos to Brad Herman, and whoever else played a role, for getting her out of a situation where she was subject to elder abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Don't forget, the Holland Brothers produced a couple of songs for the SMC Supremes 75 album, and Cindy was on the High Energy album sessions produced by the Hollands so they worked together.
    Duh. How could I forget that? Lol Those 60s Supremes' really cast a long shadow. Completely blacked out any memory of the Scherrie years when I posted that. Thanks for reminding me.

People who know this guy are skeptical of this. In any of event, it was tasteless to announce this and a breach of Cindy's privacy.

This is heartbreaking.sad to hear this.i know Mary and Sherrie remained in contact with her and I do believe Diana has as well but,keeps her status private by family request

It saddens me to actually see this report. Cindy Birdsong gave so much joy to all of her fans. I just hope and pray that she is not suffering and is treated well. I did think that the family was keeping her health condition secret for her privacy and dignity. I will continue to pray for her and her family. I know that Mary, Scherrie and Diana stayed in contact with her but kept it quiet out of respect for her. I do wish it had been kept private as I believe that was her request as well as her family's. Just God Bless her.

I appreciate the honesty but powers of attorney are financial and I’m not sure I would want this type of person running my affairs

Mary and Scherrie may have stayed in contact with Cindy and/or Cindy's family, but Diana said a couple years ago she did not know of Cindy's whereabouts. I imagine she probably knows by now, but unless she was lying, she didn't know then.

I've always been a bit confused by all the secrecy surrounding Cindy's condition. If this report is true, there is no shame in suffering a stroke, or multiple strokes. While some of us have factors that increase our risk, the truth is that it could happen to anybody. That's not to say that I believe we're owed information. Cindy brought us a lot of joy, but her business is her business. But it just seems weird that people are acting as if Cindy has something that would cause people to view her as somehow less of a person than any of us, or less than she has ever been. As long as she's not being photographed, I just don't see the issue. However, I respect the family's, and Cindy's in particular, right to privacy.

Mary and Scherrie may have stayed in contact with Cindy and/or Cindy's family, but Diana said a couple years ago she did not know of Cindy's whereabouts. I imagine she probably knows by now, but unless she was lying, she didn't know then.

I've always been a bit confused by all the secrecy surrounding Cindy's condition. If this report is true, there is no shame in suffering a stroke, or multiple strokes. While some of us have factors that increase our risk, the truth is that it could happen to anybody. That's not to say that I believe we're owed information. Cindy brought us a lot of joy, but her business is her business. But it just seems weird that people are acting as if Cindy has something that would cause people to view her as somehow less of a person than any of us, or less than she has ever been. As long as she's not being photographed, I just don't see the issue. However, I respect the family's, and Cindy's in particular, right to privacy.
    I tend to agree.

I have a feeling Diana knew and was just doing the usual playing it dumb routine that Motown taught her when she was younger [[I mean come on she still says "Florence left the group to start a family"). My gut tells me that Cindy's condition is what brought Mary and Diana back in touch with each other in the recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I have a feeling Diana knew and was just doing the usual playing it dumb routine that Motown taught her when she was younger [[I mean come on she still says "Florence left the group to start a family"). My gut tells me that Cindy's condition is what brought Mary and Diana back in touch with each other in the recent years.
    I would agree re Diana knowing about Cindy's condition. She is not one to talk about her innermost feelings in public and I don't think she would share someone else's private affairs either.

That said, even though I had heard rumors about Cindy's condition over the years, it still saddened me to actually see them confirmed in print. Knowing how private her family has been, I wonder how they feel about it being casually revealed in a Hollywood trade magazine. I mean, the article isn't even about Cindy. It is about Herman. Unless Cindy's family is on board with this revelation, I really think he betrayed their trust and unnecessarily so.
    Last edited by reese; 10-11-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Outside of the fact of dishing the dirt, what I took away most of this was the fact that a Hollywood hot shot had to be called in to rescue Cindy from an unhealthy situation. I had heard rumblings that Cindy was being "cared for" by a woman [[can't think of her name or her association to Cindy), but I recall hearing that she was being kept from her family and friends. Didn't Scherrie herself say this? If anything, it's nice to hear she can now have visitors and is hopefully living her final years surrounded by loved ones.

Well, I really don't know what to think at this point. But I do hope someone is telling Cindy how much her fans still adore her and care about her well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    My gut tells me that Cindy's condition is what brought Mary and Diana back in touch with each other in the recent years.
    That would be a beautiful reason for their reconnection.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I would agree re Diana knowing about Cindy's condition. She is not one to talk about her innermost feelings in public and I don't think she would share someone else's private affairs either.

That said, even though I had heard rumors about Cindy's condition over the years, it still saddened me to actually see them confirmed in print. Knowing how private her family has been about her condition, I wonder how they feel about it being casually revealed in a Hollywood trade magazine. I mean, the story isn't even about Cindy. It is about Herman. Unless Cindy's family is on board with this revelation, I really think he betrayed their trust and unnecessarily so.
    No, I wouldn't expect Diana to reveal anything about Cindy that she believed Cindy [[or Cindy's family) wouldn't want revealed. But Diana brought up Cindy, no one else did. The question was if she keeps in touch with the other Supremes [[or something along those lines) and Diana specifically said she didn't know where Cindy was and that she was looking for her. Why lie about it? Why not just say yes, I keep in touch with Cindy. Or why not leave Cindy's name out of it? Diana addressed whether or not she kept in touch with Mary, which, let's be real, was probably the whole point of the question. Because of Cindy's health and the fact that she may have been in multiple facilities over the years, I can certainly understand Diana not knowing where Cindy is every single day. But it seems such an odd tale to tell that she didn't know where Cindy was when in fact she did.

But then if Floy is right, that Diana is still saying Flo left the group to start a family, I guess I'll drive myself crazy wondering why she do the things she do. I wonder if she tells people that "Pieces Of Ice" is the hit that never was?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Outside of the fact of dishing the dirt, what I took away most of this was the fact that a Hollywood hot shot had to be called in to rescue Cindy from an unhealthy situation. I had heard rumblings that Cindy was being "cared for" by a woman [[can't think of her name or her association to Cindy), but I recall hearing that she was being kept from her family and friends. Didn't Scherrie herself say this? If anything, it's nice to hear she can now have visitors and is hopefully living her final years surrounded by loved ones.
    Prior to Sarah Dash's death, she reported that she was currently taking care of Cindy. I wonder what kind of disarray to Cindy's care did Sarah's death put into motion.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Well, I really don't know what to think at this point. But I do hope someone is telling Cindy how much her fans still adore her and care about her well-being.
    Absolutely. I was hoping someone might be able to forward cards, flowers or letters to Cindy. If she's alert, she might be over the moon about an outpouring of love from her fans.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post

That said, even though I had heard rumors about Cindy's condition over the years, it still saddened me to actually see them confirmed in print. Knowing how private her family has been about her condition, I wonder how they feel about it being casually revealed in a Hollywood trade magazine. I mean, the story isn't even about Cindy. It is about Herman. Unless Cindy's family is on board with this revelation, I really think he betrayed their trust and unnecessarily so.
    i would agree that Diana most likely knew of Cindy's situation but apparently that situation was also one where the family was demanding [[i'm assuming it was the family) for total privacy. if diana acknowledged that she knew, that would just cause a firestorm of media questions and invasiveness. by saying "i don't know" it might cast a rather cold and callous light on Diana but it would also mostly end the discussion. i would believe that Diana would rather be the scapegoat of being called "cold" so long as it protected the wishes of cindy.

Part of what is strange here is that if there are family truly involved, particularly a child, you have to wonder why any “manager” would be named to act under a Power of Attorney; commonly it would be a spouse or child.

A simple acknowledgement of illness by the family without the detail that was divulged here would have been all that was necessary.

Well if in answering that question at the concert about the other Supremes, if Diana had only mentioned Mary and Flo and left out Cindy she would have been accused of excluding Cindy as a legit Supreme. She probably should have answered along the lines of "Cindy is retired from show business but we're in touch" but the answer was what it was.

I do wonder if this guy was paid to get Cindy out of the elder abuse situation she was apparently in. He doesn't seem like he works for peanuts. Makes one wonder if someone paid his fee...Berry? Diana? I'm sure we'll never know, but the mind wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i would agree that Diana most likely knew of Cindy's situation but apparently that situation was also one where the family was demanding [[i'm assuming it was the family) for total privacy. if diana acknowledged that she knew, that would just cause a firestorm of media questions and invasiveness. by saying "i don't know" it might cast a rather cold and callous light on Diana but it would also mostly end the discussion. i would believe that Diana would rather be the scapegoat of being called "cold" so long as it protected the wishes of cindy.
    None of Cindy's Supreme sisters really said much about her where she was only commenting that she was not in the best of health.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Diana knows and has been involved for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    People who know this guy are skeptical of this. In any of event, it was tasteless to announce this and a breach of Cindy's privacy.
    Tasteless to the point of grotesque. Cindy's guardians have chosen to honor the lady's wishes [[remember, Cindy chose to not publish an autobiography).

Our family had a medical POA and a financial POA and perhaps that is why this guy was brought in for his knowledge regarding Cindy medically. I don't have really have a clue why but I am glad Cindy is being taking care properly by someone the family trust. I am also happy that she is still with us and I wish her nothing short of miracle to get better.

Well if in answering that question at the concert about the other Supremes, if Diana had only mentioned Mary and Flo and left out Cindy she would have been accused of excluding Cindy as a legit Supreme. She probably should have answered along the lines of "Cindy is retired from show business but we're in touch" but the answer was what it was.
    No disrespect to Cindy, but would anyone have really cared if Diana failed to mention her? Again, there's a 99.9 percent chance that the person who asked the question wanted to hear Diana mention Mary. And there's a 100 percent chance that everyone in the theatre was waiting with bated breath for her to address that Supreme. Diana took the time to mention that Florence was dead. Uh, duh lady, everybody in the place already knew that. Lol

I'm sorry but the whole thing is just way too weird. Basically the scenarios on the table are that:

1) Diana did not know where Cindy was, which is what she said. She looked for her but had not been able to find her, per Diana's own words. If anyone knew Cindy's whereabouts, Diana wanted that information, again per her own request. I think this scenario is somewhat plausible. The only issue I have is that if- if- Mary, Scherrie, Sarah and/or Patti knew where Cindy was, surely Diana could have had that information with one or two phone calls. It would seem strange that others would know Cindy's whereabouts but Diana- the Diana Ross- would be unable to track down that information.

2) Diana knew exactly where Cindy was and chose to lie about not knowing where Cindy was. I just refuse to believe that Diana flat out lied when it was such an unnecessary lie. "I'm in touch with Cindy", "I keep up with Cindy", etc, would have made sense. Who would have questioned it?

But of course, that's all water under the bridge. Surely Diana is aware of Cindy's whereabouts now. She might even be helping with her care, financially, which would be a very Diana thing to do. As a person, most people who speak about Cindy seem to hold her in very high esteem. She may have been a replacement, but like all the other replacements, she embodied the brand and put her own stamp on the legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I am also happy that she is still with us and I wish her nothing short of miracle to get better.
    This is key. I'm praying that whatever the severity, somehow Cindy is able to recover, either in full or in part. She is much loved.

2) Diana knew exactly where Cindy was and chose to lie about not knowing where Cindy was. I just refuse to believe that Diana flat out lied when it was such an unnecessary lie. "I'm in touch with Cindy", "I keep up with Cindy", etc, would have made sense. Who would have questioned it?
    This is exactly what happened. She lied. It was not done to be harmful. Diana is very protective of Cindy - I can't speak to as to why she did it. It would have been much easier to say "I'm in touch with Cindy" but she didn't.

It has been confirmed on here that Diana has known about Cindy, her health issues, and what's been going on for a long time. She's not out of the loop.

Referring back to the original story of this thread - Eddie Holland singing "Love Child" and "Someday We'll Be Together" to Cindy? Two songs he didn't write and produce. I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post

Referring back to the original story of this thread - Eddie Holland singing "Love Child" and "Someday We'll Be Together" to Cindy? Two songs he didn't write and produce. I'm sorry but I don't buy it.
    And she didn't sing on.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    This is exactly what happened. She lied. It was not done to be harmful. Diana is very protective of Cindy - I can't speak to as to why she did it. It would have been much easier to say "I'm in touch with Cindy" but she didn't.

It has been confirmed on here that Diana has known about Cindy, her health issues, and what's been going on for a long time. She's not out of the loop.

She also had only a split second to figure out what to say - so she might have phrased things differently had she had more time to think about it. But she's very private about things she believes should be private and she did what she thought was right and what was right.

This whole thing is strange - two songs Eddie didn't write and Cindy didn't sing on. I wonder if this guy was on something when he came up with this stuff.

I also questioned the validity of that statement. Of ALL PEOPLE, Eddie Holland? Otis would have made more sense, or even Smokey.

But then again if you're going to tell a fib, would you have picked Eddie Holland?

She may not have recorded them, but she sang Love Child and Someday We'll Be Together plenty of times for shows. A performer has a different relationship with songs then a fan whose main interaction with a song is the recording.

Also, research has shown that alzheimer's and dementia patients often respond to music so singing or playing songs the patient may be familiar could be good therapy. Tony Bennett, for instance, only retired from performing just a year ago. The last couple of years of his performing career he was battling Alzheimer's but observers such as Lady Gaga noted that when on stage doing the show he was sharper thanks to the music and familiar songs.

She may not have recorded them, but she sang Love Child and Someday We'll Be Together plenty of times for shows. A performer has a different relationship with songs then a fan whose main interaction with a song is the recording.

Also, research has shown that alzheimer's and dementia patients often respond to music so singing or playing songs the patient may be familiar could be good therapy. Tony Bennett, for instance, only retired from performing just a year ago. The last couple of years of his performing career he was battling Alzheimer's but observers such as Lady Gaga noted that when on stage doing the show he was sharper thanks to the music and familiar songs.
    I understand that but she performed so many HDH Supremes songs. It just doesn’t add up that Eddie would come to visit her and sing her Supremes songs he didn’t write.

I have a hard time believing this story…
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 10-11-2022 at 08:48 PM.

Prior to Sarah Dash's death, she reported that she was currently taking care of Cindy. I wonder what kind of disarray to Cindy's care did Sarah's death put into motion.
    Sarah said this to me personally. Out of respect, those of us in the conversation didn’t press her for details. Also, I recently met a woman who introduced herself on stage as Cindy’s baby sister. When asked [[in August) about Cindy, she said that she’s okay and just to pray for Cindy.