[REMOVE ADS]

The best Facebook friends ever!

I don't have that many Facebook friends -- but four of them [[you know who you are) -- post the BEST soul music clips and videos ever on Facebook. I've been exposed to singers and groups I didn't know of or hadn't heard in years, and also good reminders of my favorite groups. Anyway, these are daily posts and I flat-out love them. OK, I'll spill the beans, my friends are Chazz Dixon, Colton Thomas, Iris Smith, and Paladin [[who goes by his real name on Facebook). This quartet has amazing musical knowledge ... and great taste, too!

Just had to give them kudos!

Thanks but please don't tell MJeternal love, I might get spastic..........

..........or you might have the "Big One".......

Hey Moe, you're right......Elizabeth, I'm coming honey........

This Facebook thingy scares me.

But I dont wanna miss out.....

Colton is also a member here on SDF! He is a great guy!

John, Facebook is good; there is none of the hostility that breaks out on SD all the time. I've had some nice conversations with Colton and Jim Bagley and Mary Brewster and others on there although I don't use it that much. There are fan pages for all the Supremes and every singer imaginable that is trying to sell their craft and they are very informative. People use their real names for the most part and that changes the whole dynamic. Andy uses FB a lot more than he uses SD. Susaye Greene posts a lot. The FLOS post a lot.

NOTHING, nothing, nothing to be afraid of. My feeling is there is far more to be afraid of on this Forum in terms of borderline personalities than on FB.

I keep getting thie email from Cal saying click here to be a friend but I hear about spam and identities being stolen and it puts me off. Besides, I just about cope with SDF without another one! Boring accountants and all that too!

It can be great fun here too. Plus, it's where I get to meet with a lot of people that have given me a lot of enjoyment.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Yes but Xtown, on facebook you can be one of our congressmen or representatives and send naked pictures of yourself to young girls while the spouse is away on business and not get caught.
    And even "if" your last name is "hotdog" or "johnson" or "mainsail" or "tentpole".
    p.s.-->look in the clubhouse [[there i go again) if you don't fancy my tail here. [[there i go again)

Ramone

These days I wont even turn on the light on when I take a bath so there is no way I am gonna take pictures of me without some form of covering!

Ramone Verona Guest
    That is what the lens cap is for?
    Do what I do.
    Collect yourself some of those wavy mirrors from the carnival.
    Be sure to collect the ones that tuck here and nip there.

funnee !

I don't have a facebook page yet but it sounds like I'd better get with it. I didn't know a lot of the Motown Stars had pages there. That is a real incentive to join.

Penny

Facebook is a great place...I'm there every day. Feel free to add me, I also put up lotsa YouTube clips, and not just soul stuff...and there are lots more famous folks that have FB presence than Motown people [[I enjoy the posts that Lenny Welch and Billy Vera post, to name a couple).

Best,

Mark

just make sure your passwords are bullet proof. Add a series of numbers or whatever that would be impossible to scam. When my Gmail was hacked some months ago it was determined that the hacking originated from my Facebook page, so be very careful. I'm no longer a member there.

Now I knew there was a reason why I didn't sign up. I remember that hacking into Ralph's account.

Ramone Verona Guest
    I didn't know Ralph sent funky pictures of himself to girls.
    Was this before he became Mayor of Motown?

We ought not discuss Ralph's past. In any case, it's all over town because Pete Rivera wrote about it in his book!

[[Ralph - only kidding)

Ramone,
    how do you think I became mayor of Motown?

John,
    I'm sure Pete was making some of that stuff up.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Well if it worked for you, why is that Anthony Salomi guy having such a "hard" time becoming mayor?
    I guess I don't understand eastern politics.

Ralph

But you know these stories always tend to get embellished. That's what makes the book sells!

Ramone-You've lost me there.

I need to make sure I've taken my medication! All of it! LOL

Ramone Verona Guest
    Speaking of "embellished", those photos of Anthony Bratwurst could have used some.

Ramone,
    I'm sure my Sicilian decent helped pave my way.................

John,
    If book sales depend on my more questionable side, I guess it is time to write that real block buster, Rosie and all...........

I don't know this person so I put it in google and searched for images and a picture of some sausages came up!!!

And I am not sure how you've managed to take me off topic but you have! *smile*

Ralph

I suspect if you look at some of the very early archives, you might find a couple of books there already! *goes all bashful*

Teasing again, I'm sorry.

Excuse me but I'm in a good mood today. I saw the Impressions last night and I've just booked my ticket to see Dennis Coffey in a couple of weeks time. What more could a soulie want?

Ramone Verona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I don't know this person so I put it in google and searched for images and a picture of some sausages came up!!!

And I am not sure how you've managed to take me off topic but you have! *smile*
    There's a thread on Tony's Tiger in the SDF clubhouse.
    Funny comment about putting a bag over his head!

John,
    You're probably right about as gold mine of subject matter in the old archives. I'm happy that you are in a good mood. Can't say as I blame you considering the good entertainment you are being treated to. Enjoy Dennis.

Facebook [[if used in the right manner) can be a good thing.
    It's easy to promote my shows,and I can post the podcast of my shows.

I have a few SDF members as friends on Facebook.

hahaha...."Elizabeth, I'm comin' to join you."