was on a flight recently and figured i hadn't listened to Partners in a long while. so had the headphones on and enjoyed the album

i had it on shuffle as i listened. frankly i think that's the problem with the album. it is too disjointed. it's really 2 or 3 project shoe horned together. and the women really never duet on the music. it feels more like it's either a scherrie song, a susaye song or a scherrie song with susaye doing a few backing vocals or embellishments.

i have to say i enjoy the funkier tracks. Luvbug is quite interesting and love the duet with Ray. In The Night is solid too and Your Sweet Love is one of the strongest songs on the album. these were also written and produced by Susaye. I enjoy hearing some of Susaye's broader singing approach. while she still does her whistle tones, she also had more opportunity to display her talents.

so it would have been interesting if the girls could have had, within the framework of the Supremes, an opportunity to write and produce. I don't know that any of the songs except maybe Your Sweet Love really sound like a hit. the more traditional disco dance songs are too generic.