[REMOVE ADS]

Promo for Mary Wilson's upcoming album

lol that was cute.. thanks for posting, carlo! she's been talking about this for years, i hope this means it really will be out in the near future.

That was really something great, special. Thanks Carlo!

Man I really like this! Mary sounds great, it sends a positive message and I am assuming this is her house if it is its nice and has a big kitchen. Everyone says Mary is a great cook. Im am quite impressed with this.

Didn't Mary say on the "George Alexander" interview record that she liked to cook?

Ramone Verona Guest
    Is there a date for this album or is "a couple of months" still status quo?

Mary's grandbabies look like that have the makings to become fine little actors.

I would have preferred the promo to be about the songs on the album and not her family; I wanted to know about the music and not her personal business. But that's just my opinion.

Mary's voice on that last song sounded pretty good. Soft and tender. It seemed to capture those wonderful tones that I hadn't heard in a long time.

I really wasn't sure what to expect with this ~~~I thought Beyonce was going to start singing "Who Run The World~~~Girls"

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I would have preferred the promo to be about the songs on the album and not her family; I wanted to know about the music and not her personal business. But that's just my opinion.
    She is talking about the music. All of the songs from her upcoming album were written for her from her personal diaries. These songs are very much based on her life and experiences.

I understand that Carlo but it's the finished music that I am interested in. I feel that Mary's diaries are not my business, they are hers and I ought [[and do not want) to know about them. I am sure there are many who do but I don't. I would be more than happy with a global statement that says...the songs are drawn from Mary's life experiences.........but I don't need to know which ones. Too much information for me. Tell me when the tracks were recorded, where, who sang backup etc but not personal stuff.

The "Thank you" section of the new CD should be quite interesting. I hope the music people are acknowledged so that I can see who was involved

And as much as I suspect I am already in the minority here, I might as well go the whole hog. I am not comfortable with seeing young children [[ie minors) being put on camera for promotional purposes. If the kids were experienced in that field, then that might be different. We see artists like Brad Pitt, Michael Jackson etc go to great lengths to hide the faces of their children from public exposure and I happen to agree with that. I can accept that others do not feel the same way.
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 06-12-2011 at 07:04 AM.

It just shows that people can find a problem to complain about where there isn't one!
    Last edited by marv2; 06-12-2011 at 11:59 AM.

My only issue with the promo is that nowhere in it do you hear what the "finished" track is going to sound like. I like seeing her filmed signing in the studio.. but I would have also liked to see a portion of the promo dubbed with a segment of the finished track.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It just shows that people can find a problem to complain about where there isn't one!
    Marv2

That comment was uncalled for.

This is a forum where members post their opinions. I deserve more respect.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It's a forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion. Like it or not marv2, some people aren't as enamored as you by everything Mary Wilson says, does, sings or records.

I happen to think the video is very cute but it isn't going to sell CD's.

Marv2

That comment was uncalled for.

This is a forum where members post their opinions. I deserve more respect.

Right! And that was my opinion. It was entirely called for!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    It's a forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion. Like it or not marv2, some people aren't as enamored as you by everything Mary Wilson says, does, sings or records.

I happen to think the video is very cute but it isn't going to sell CD's.
    Hey man, that was my opinion. Don't worry it will sell!

All posters deserve respect for their opinions. And when they do express an opinion on a topic, they should not be made to feel uncomfortable.

All posters deserve respect for their opinions. And when they do express an opinion on a topic, they should not be made to feel uncomfortable.
    Exactly theboyfromxtown.

Marv,
    John Lester's original post on his opinion should stand as just that, his opinion. Keep it fair, dude. Remember, that is what we are all about here:Opinions. Please respect that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Marv,
    John Lester's original post on his opinion should stand as just that, his opinion. Keep it fair, dude. Remember, that is what we are all about here:Opinions. Please respect that concept.

I will Ralph and thanks!

Marv

Thank you, Marv.

Hey John,
    I understand what you mean buddy~~~ I was like WT ?
    Anyway bring on the real thing !!

I understand that Carlo but it's the finished music that I am interested in. I feel that Mary's diaries are not my business, they are hers and I ought [[and do not want) to know about them. I am sure there are many who do but I don't. I would be more than happy with a global statement that says...the songs are drawn from Mary's life experiences.........but I don't need to know which ones. Too much information for me. Tell me when the tracks were recorded, where, who sang backup etc but not personal stuff.

The "Thank you" section of the new CD should be quite interesting. I hope the music people are acknowledged so that I can see who was involved

And as much as I suspect I am already in the minority here, I might as well go the whole hog. I am not comfortable with seeing young children [[ie minors) being put on camera for promotional purposes. If the kids were experienced in that field, then that might be different. We see artists like Brad Pitt, Michael Jackson etc go to great lengths to hide the faces of their children from public exposure and I happen to agree with that. I can accept that others do not feel the same way.