[REMOVE ADS]

Unreleased 1972/Blackberries

Just wondering if any of those in the know think there is any earthly chance of the Unreleased digital series being resurrected for 1972. Failing that, is there any possibility of a digital release of the Blackberries unreleased 1972 album, from which I believe only three tracks have appeared so far?

Three Tracks yes, two "Somebody Up There" & "But I Love You More" on Complete Motown Singles Vol 12A 1972. Also "Kidnapped" on Cellar Full Of Motown Cd Vol 4.

Not sure if the Album is to be released ?

Here's the two sound files: if any help?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwvrivMAF1E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAi0KnrZTKE
    Attachment 19983
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 10-08-2022 at 11:56 AM.

I have tried and failed to get any interest.

But I Love You More *

Can You Feel It, Babe

Hey Little Girl [[Do You Want Some Candy)

I Found A Friend

Kidnapped *

Let's Get Married

Love Child

Love Is

Somebody Up There *

* = released

Wasn't there some discussion about the master tapes for the album being lost or misplaced? I seem to recall a few years ago before Deke Richards passed that he had made mention that he had a copy of the album. I have no idea who has it now.

I really like The Blackberries -- as artists on their own recordings as well as back-up singers on other Motown artists' albums, i.e., Thelma Houston's MoWest LP'. I would definitely buy their own album if Motown were to ever release it. Got my fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 10-09-2022 at 05:13 AM.

Well here are two of the future Blackberries as Bonnie and The Treasures - Sherlie Matthews on your left as you view and Clydie King on your right with Charlotte O'Hara [[Matheny) as Bonnie in the middle. All look amazing.

Thanks for posting. Charlotte passed away so young. Did they record anymore? They had a nice sound of that era. Would love a Blackberries release.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I really like The Blackberries -- as artists on their own recordings as well as back-up singers on other Motown artists' albums, i.e., Thelma Houston's MoWest LP'. I would definitely buy their own album if Motown were to ever release it. Got my fingers crossed!
    Don’t know how I feel about them but I’ll buy it too

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Thanks for posting. Charlotte passed away so young. Did they record anymore? They had a nice sound of that era. Would love a Blackberries release.
    Some great unreleased tracks on Bonnie & The Treasures [[sorry for clogging up The Blackberries thread temporarily)....

Love this one - it's an ear worm for sure - "I Just Want To Be Your Girl" - but you'll have to click through to YouTube to see it.

Written by Scott Walker [[Engel) "Tell Me In The Sunlight"

Love this once it gets going "My Chico"
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 10-10-2022 at 12:43 PM.

There were two 12 inch acetates containing 7 songs which were auctioned and sold for $123.00. back in 2015. So there is a chance that there are more copies.