[REMOVE ADS]

Smokey Robinson at NYC's Beacon Theatre, Sat Oct 15

A 'heads-up' regarding Smokey's upcoming concert at NYC's Beacon Theatre. Looks like more than half of tickets are still available -

https://www.ticketmaster.com/smokey-...220928_3037535

I saw Smokey last year and he put on a great show. I would definitely recommended seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I saw Smokey last year and he put on a great show. I would definitely recommended seeing him.
    I'd like to - what 'sort' of show does Smokey do? I'd assume hits-heavy, both with Miracles and solo -

When I saw him last, it was a hits heavy show with at least one song from his standards album, TIMELESS LOVE. It was about an even number of songs from his Miracle days and his solo years.

The concert before that was a request show. When you walked in the theater lobby, there were two containers, one for the ladies, and one for the gents to put their names into. After his opening number, Smokey went to the containers and would read the name of the fan and ask for their request. Then he would sing it. If the band didn't know the song, he would do it acapella. I remember acapella versions of WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT GOODBYE and TELL ME TOMORROW.

Yes, a definite recommendation to go.

Over 10 years ago he did a European tour, I saw him in Amsterdam, it was a great show, including a spotlight for Marv Tarplin.

To get an impression what the show was like, he did basically the same show in Hyde Park, UK.

https://youtu.be/YlR1LnDrwU4

I’d absolutely love to see Smokey live [and this thread is making me want to even more]!!!

Hey 1382hitsville, do you know when the Hyde Park concert was?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I’d absolutely love to see Smokey live [and this thread is making me want to even more]!!!

Hey 1382hitsville, do you know when the Hyde Park concert was?
    Yes sure Tom, that was September 10th 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    Yes sure Tom, that was September 10th 2013.
    Thanks hitsville. As that’s almost 10 years ago, maybe Hyde Park is due another Smokey appearance!!!