[REMOVE ADS]

Boston 8 Vancouver 1 - Head Shots in Hockey

What do you guys think of the headshots in Hockey?

Video: Bruins' Horton victim of late headshot hit [UPDATED]by BEER on Jun 7, 2011 376 Comments

One look and even the biggest Rock'em Sock'em fanboy will say that Vancouver's Aaron Rome was more than a little late with this hit on Boston's Nathan Horton. From there the debate will be about just how much of a headshot the hit was, whether Rome jumped or not, and all the other arguments that have become commonplace this season after any such mid-ice hit. Rome has a disciplinary hearing today at 11 a.m. and chances are he'll be gone for at least Game 4.

Nine goals and two hits. Well, two hits that really defined the game. The first, sending Horton to the hospital, was something we've seen all too much of lately. The second was something I've never seen before, let alone in the Stanley Cup Finals. Bruins' goalie Tim Thomas, already playing brilliantly, stepped up lacrosse-style and flattened Henrik Sedin as the Canucks forward tried to get at the puck in front of the net. And people were expecting him to change his style? Ridiculous.

With Horton out for the season, Vancouver's going to need some serious help to deal with Thomas and the Bruins' intensity tomorrow night. And even if, and right now it's a significant if, the Canucks win the Cup, between the Horton hit and the Seabrook hit, they'll be one of the most unpopular champs in recent memory.

Update: Aaron Rome has been given a four game suspension for his hit on Horton. That puts Rome out of the rest of the Cup Finals. What do you guys think? Too harsh? Proper punishment? Sound off in the comments below...

More on Rome's suspension here...

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  21.1 KB
    Canada's hope, The Vancouver Canucks failed to win The Stanley Cup. It goes to Boston [[for the first time since 1972). So, we still haven't had a Canadian NHL team win it since Montréal in 1993. Well, at least Winnipeg is back in The NHL.

Vancouver and Luongo played so badly in those games in Boston, that overall, I think Vancouver did not deserve to win this series.

I hope they don't smash up downtown Vancouver too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 111
    Canada's hope, The Vancouver Canucks failed to win The Stanley Cup. It goes to Boston [[for the first time since 1972). So, we still haven't had a Canadian NHL team win it since Montréal in 1993. Well, at least Winnipeg is back in The NHL.
    I am pissed and I even use to live in Boston! I wanted the Canucks to win because the whole city seemed to be praying for it. Oh welll......there's always next year!

Views: 82
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Vancouver and Luongo played so badly in those games in Boston, that overall, I think Vancouver did not deserve to win this series.

I hope they don't smash up downtown Vancouver too badly.
    I agree with you, that Boston was the better team in the series. I just have a hard time seeing our Stanley Cup in USA virtually every year DESPITE this being the best ratio of The Canadian Dollar to the US Dollar. If The Canadian teams can't compete now, think what will happen when the balance goes back to 90% or even only 80% [[as it was at its low point, when Winnipeg and Quebec lost their franchises)! It's a scary thought. At least we've got Winnipeg back. Maybe if Quebec returns and a second southern Ontario team [[Hamilton or another greater Toronto franchise), there will be more chances for a Canadian team to win. But we've only had a few Canadian teams make the finals in the past 20 years. So, it's a shame that The Canucks didn't win it this time [[and in 1994) when they had the chance.

I swear the only good thing about game 7 was Mark Donnelly. After "O Canada" it all went to hell.

Views: 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    I swear the only good thing about game 7 was Mark Donnelly. After "O Canada" it all went to hell.
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    hehehehehehe......! Did you see the riot?