From SoulTracks.com-
Back in 1982, one of the most unlikely hits shot to the top of the pop and R&B charts. “I’ve Never Been To Me” was a sensitive, introspective ballad from the female perspective that had been released five years earlier and stiffed, only to return as a smash due to some perceptive disc jockeys around the US and Europe who knew a hit when they heard one. The singer was Charlene Oliver [aka Charlene], and “I’ve Never Been To Me” became her signature song and lone Top 40 hit.
Fast forward forty years, and Charlene, now living in Texas, is back, teamed with UK-based singer, songwriter and producer Paul Stuart Davies, who has shown a penchant for recreating the vibe of early soul and doo wop classics, all brought forward to a new generation of listeners.

The result of their collaboration is “Fairytale Life,” a tale of love gone sour, and the plan by the singer to shake that love off, and find a new life on the other side of the country. The song has a definite early Motown vibe with even a touch of 50s pop, and the two artists blend nicely to provide a single with a nostalgic charm to it.

Listen to 'Fairytale Life' at SoulTracks.com-
Motown hitmaker Charlene returns 40 years after breakout hit | SoulTracks - Soul Music Biographies, News and Reviews