[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: would this sell

would this sell

since just about everyone has mp3 player of some sort would it be viable for apple and universal to team up and put out a ipod or ipad with every motown single a&b side lp & unreleased tracks [[singles /lps ) and videos ,with the motown logo and apple's as well ,would it sell ??? your thoughts please or is it a no go.

I would be hoping this is an eventual goal. I just wonder if I can live long enough to be able to hear them all

OH YES ! just keep taking the vitamins and have your ears tuned every month[[lol)

smark21 Guest
    NO,there aren't enough Motown fans to make something like that profitable.

I think the other record companies would have an issue with that. Remember, they are all still competitors.

One thing they could and should do it include digital liner notes on the Motown releases on I-tunes especially the TCMS series. All of the new releases have them, why not the classic anthologies?

What's a digit liner note?

Smark21
    I start to wonder that myself. Plus, as I get older, my enthusiasm is not as great as it once was.

No mp3 for me i'll just kick back and play my records and cassettes!!

Digital liner notes are available on many I tunes releases.

One idea that i think would sell would be a Motown Collector's vault. I had thumbs through one that was done for Crimson Tide football and thought that one for Motown would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    No mp3 for me i'll just kick back and play my records and cassettes!!
    Why? You can play mp3s through your stereo, and the quality of a high-bit mp3 is better than a cassette tape.

can you get all of that on the biggest ipod? [[160 gig or is 180 gig?)i'd want the highest bit rate.can you imagine the cost?
    the biggest ipod [[ipad i dont want to think about the cost of that) plus every motown track and film?what about different mixes?i dont think its a goer.i've got nearly everything on mp3 and i know i aint the only one.with conversations i've had with other motown fans.there isnt anything they want thats been released.