[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Tommy Good, Lewis Sisters, Connie Haines, Dalton Boys, Granny 'Irene' Ryan, Hornets, Rick Robin, Johnny Powers, Little Lisa, Reuben Howell, Ron Miller, Stoney and Meatloaf, Tony Martin, Martin and Finlay, Underdogs, and loads more - the DJ wants shooting or re educating
    Last week, celebrating Valerie Simpson's birthday, a very well known veteran DJ [[not Tony Blackburn nor Paul Brown) said that she had written "Reachout I'll be there" for the 4 Tops....

I often wonder how people become a DJ when the knowledge is sometimes ... lacking ... or they just pour out something which they've not bothered to check.

Quote Originally Posted by gordy_hunk View Post
    Last week, celebrating Valerie Simpson's birthday, a very well known veteran DJ [[not Tony Blackburn nor Paul Brown) said that she had written "Reachout I'll be there" for the 4 Tops....

I often wonder how people become a DJ when the knowledge is sometimes ... lacking ... or they just pour out something which they've not bothered to check.
    He probably had no idea and was relying on a script.

Not all DJs are as deeply into their music as Tony Blackburn or Simon Mayo. Many are more interested in promoting their own brand and are better described as radio presenters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
    He probably had no idea and was relying on a script.

Not all DJs are as deeply into their music as Tony Blackburn or Simon Mayo. Many are more interested in promoting their own brand and are better described as radio presenters.
    Even esteemed Northern Soul/Modern Soul/ Whatever Soul DJ Richard Searling gets things wrong. The other week he had Paul Williams as lead singer on My Baby and Ashford and Simpson writing something they didn’t [[can’t recall what!!)