[REMOVE ADS]

This whole thing about Mariah trademarking the name, "The Queen of Christmas", is really stupid. I am a Mariah fan, but her ego is just too big for her own good sometimes. Darlene has a diva ego too, but I am siding with her on this one.
    Last edited by carlo; 08-18-2022 at 04:53 PM.

I agree. Elizabeth Chan said it well.

The entire thing is idiotic. I can't side with either, myself. But ... if one person has the idea to trademark a name, so be it. All is fair in business, unfortunately.

LOL, nobody needs to trademark it. When it comes to Rock & Soul History, Darlene Love IS the QUEEN of Rock/Soul Christmas.I have known Darlene for 40 some years & NEVER did she present any "diva" attitude.

This dispute over who is "Queen of Christmas" is just as pathetic as when Gladys Knight deemed herself "the Empress of Soul". Or when Aretha Franklin got miffed when Beyonce introduced Tina Turner as a "Queen" on the Grammy awards.

Darlene ended up cleaning houses in the 70s because her career went kaput. She worked so hard to comeback. So hanging on to some notoriety makes sense. She probably makes half her income at Christmas time.