From BestClassicBands.com-
Olivia Newton-John, the beloved singer, actress and philanthropist, died today [[August 8, 2022). The news was of the passing of the British-born, Australian actress, at age 73, was shared by her husband, John Easterling, on her social media pages just after 3 p.m. ET. “Dame Olivia Newton-John passed away peacefully at her ranch in Southern California this morning,” he wrote, “surrounded by family and friends. We ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy during this very difficult time.”The note continued: “Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer. Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that any donations be made in her memory to the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund [[ONJFoundationFund.org).”
The internet began “blowing up” in late December 2018 that Newton-John had “weeks to live.” [[Similarly, on Sept. 10, 2018, there were reports that she had been diagnosed with cancer for the third time. The beloved singer was, indeed, battling stage 4 cancer in her back. As Best Classic Bands previously reported, Newton-John had postponed a tour that year due to the cancer diagnosis.)

On January 2, 2019, she struck back at the end-of-year tabloid stories to proclaim in a video greeting that “the rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.” The singer, actress and author, looking great, wished all of her fans “the happiest, healthiest 2019 possible,” thanking them for their love and support.

In a September 9, 2018, profile on the Australian TV program, Sunday Night, the beloved singer sounded confident that she will beat it once again. “I believe I will win over it,” she said. The only revelation is that Newton-John acknowledged for the first time that cancer was discovered in her shoulder in 2013.
On Sept. 16, Newton-John cut the ceremonial ribbon at the Wellness Walk and Research Run in Melbourne, Australia.

She was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992. The singer, who turned 73 on September 26, 2021, wrote a new memoir, Don’t Stop Believin’.
Newton-John had announced on May 30, 2017 that the back pain that caused her to postpone the first half of her 2017 concert tour, had turned out to be a reoccurrence of breast cancer. The singer, actress, author and humanitarian is best known for her five #1 pop hits as well as her starring role in the movie musical Grease opposite John Travolta.
Newton-John, though born in England was a longtime Australian resident. She broke through with her 1974 #1 smash, “I Honestly Love You,” which earned the Grammy Award for Record of the Year, and followed it with four other chart-toppers: 1975’s “Have You Never Been Mellow,” her 1978 duet from Grease with John Travolta “You’re the One That I Want,” 1980’s “Magic” and 1981’s “Physical.”

Newton-John was an advocate for breast cancer research as well as humanitarian causes. She earned four Grammy Awards and sold more than 100 million records worldwide. She received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1981.