[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's a nice idea and I like that a fan now owns the home and wants to preserve and restore it, to its original form. I'm glad it was not purchased by someone who has no regard for Flo or the history of the home, as that could have resulted in the home being completely gutted and/or drastically changed. However, knowing how things generally go with this fan base, I have a hard time imagining she will be able to generate the significant amount of funds that she needs to restore the home. But who knows? Maybe some rich Supremes fan, a wealthy appreciator of old homes, or a sponsor of some sort will come along and want to contribute the hefty sum that is needed.

It was nice to see the inside of the house. I remember when this fundraising campaign first appeared online a few months ago, along with photos of the inside of the home. At that time, I had major doubts about all of it and whether the fundraiser was even legitimate. However, this is a well-produced video that was clearly not cheap to make. Some thought and effort went into it, which leads me to believe that she is genuinely passionate about restoring this home and not wanting to pull a fast one on the fans. Hopefully this video will attract some attention to her cause.

I still have doubts as to whether it could indeed become a thriving museum one day. I drove through Buena Vista 10 years ago. The surrounding neighborhood was not in the best of shape, at that time. It was sad to see the handfuls of dilapidated and abandoned homes.

Here is the link to her fundraiser, but it looks like it's not currently accepting donations at this moment:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...lard-s-house#/

I wonder what Mary would have thought about this?
    Last edited by carlo; 07-29-2022 at 11:07 AM.