[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Anthology - sale

Amazon has Mary's Anthology on sale for $16.19.

https://www.amazon.com/Motown-Anthol...9Q5DVPXF&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Amazon has Mary's Anthology on sale for $16.19.

https://www.amazon.com/Motown-Anthol...9Q5DVPXF&psc=1
    It has been that price for quite some time. Amazon cancelled my initial order when only Real Gone Music was offering it and did not get the chance to sell it to Amazon. After Amazon cancelled mine, then I got ads that it was for sale through Amazon, it has been $16.19 for a but of time. I was going to get a second copy but that cancellation changed my mind. It will probably be the last thing we see from Mary through Real Gone, Universal or Amazon. I was hoping we'd see the Clarity CD sometime eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    It has been that price for quite some time. Amazon cancelled my initial order when only Real Gone Music was offering it and did not get the chance to sell it to Amazon. After Amazon cancelled mine, then I got ads that it was for sale through Amazon, it has been $16.19 for a but of time. I was going to get a second copy but that cancellation changed my mind. It will probably be the last thing we see from Mary through Real Gone, Universal or Amazon. I was hoping we'd see the Clarity CD sometime eventually.
    The Mary fans should be ecstatic about Real Gone's interest and care in this release. At the end of the day the fact is that there are really very few people who know who Mary was and sales numbers would not be through-the-roof. If there's no market interest in, say, Jerry Butler's seminal 'Spice of Life', and Cher's ''Stars' remains unissued, 'Clarity', well ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    The Mary fans should be ecstatic about Real Gone's interest and care in this release.
    Many of us posted on this very site about our ecstatic reaction to that release. I personally was live blogging whilst listening and was gobsmacked by the alt lyrics in Automatically Sunshine.

George, Andy, and Kevin are doing us [[or rather, the artists) personal favors at this point. Universal ain't making no money on this stuff and their costs to produce must be far in excess of sales. It's likely why we saw the incredible slow down and ending of the EE series. The money just isn't there for nearly all back-catalog stuff unless some Tik Tok Twit "discovers" an oldie and makes it a flash hit [[e.g. Prima's "Pennies from Heaven").
    Last edited by thanxal; 07-15-2022 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    The Mary fans should be ecstatic about Real Gone's interest and care in this release. At the end of the day the fact is that there are really very few people who know who Mary was and sales numbers would not be through-the-roof. If there's no market interest in, say, Jerry Butler's seminal 'Spice of Life', and Cher's ''Stars' remains unissued, 'Clarity', well ...
    I think you misunderstood me. I was BEYOND ecstatic when it was released. I bought my copy early through Real Gone. I was over the moon with the quality of the job that Andy and George did. I was saying I was so excited that I ordered a second copy through Amazon that ended up getting cancelled because of an issue with Real Gone and then Amazon started to offer the CD again as soon as it was cancelled. I stated I feel that something that as a fan I would hope to be released just won't be. We see releases mainly in digital formats now, which is ok but my generation still enjoys the physical format of the CD. As far as Clarity, I just lamented that it probably won't be released because there are not a huge number of demand for any CD let alone for Mary. Her work at Motown was more what Universal would release because of the history and connection. We have seen digital releases of Life's Been Good To Me, Johnnie Mae and Why Can't We All Get Along. Sweet Feet Music was supposed to release something but now that Mary is no longer with us, they are dealing with her estate and management which probably is more red tape, etc. than just dealing with the artist herself. I am not sure how her Anthology did, it probably didn't do huge numbers. I didn't expect it to. I was just giving a reason why I didn't get a SECOND COPY and that had more to do with Amazon cancelling it and then offering it that same day. It has gone down in price. Thank You was down in price than it is now and I passed on that, too. I still have my copies and I enjoy them. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Many of us posted on this very site about our ecstatic reaction to that release. I personally was live blogging whilst listening and was gobsmacked by the alt lyrics in Automatically Sunshine.

George, Andy, and Kevin are doing us [[or rather, the artists) personal favors at this point. Universal ain't making no money on this stuff and their costs to produce must be far in excess of sales. It's likely why we saw the incredible slow down and ending of the EE series. The money just isn't there for nearly all back-catalog stuff unless some Tik Tok Twit "discovers" an oldie and makes it a flash hit [[e.g. Prima's "Pennies from Heaven").
    I thanked both George and Andy for the beautiful job they did on the Anthology. You could feel the love they put into it with every song sounding so amazing. Yes, a physical CD cost much more than the streaming platform that is used now. The generation that listened to this music and wants CDs are less and less. It is all about the music, we can relish the gifts that Andy and George have bestowed upon us even though the music isn't going viral on Tik Tok.

Dear oh dear, no more gifts to be bestowed by the powers that be. I for one feel not quite ready yet to give up hope of a physical expanded Reflections ever seeing the light of day.
    Positive thinking and all that.