[REMOVE ADS]

Reaction video to Diana singing Voice of the Heart at BET awards

I love the reactions of the Empress to the performance. It is nice to see Diana getting such love.

Re VOICE OF THE HEART, I loved the song from the first moment I heard it. Diana sang it in concert before the TAKE ME HIGHER cd was released. That project had such great songs. Too bad it didn't sell well.

I recall viewing this performance live when it aired. As many of us know, there was some audio problems when she performed "Take Me Higher" earlier in the show. We could all see that Diana was making all sorts of gestures to make the sound people aware that the sound she was hearing was not sufficient. She did all of this while not missing a beat.

As she was walking back on stage to sing "Voice of the Heart", I recall thinking to myself, "I sure hope that sound issue is resolved." And yes, it was very apparent, even to me, that some quite dramatic adjustments had been made. And yes, Lurlean, I do suspect that the prior issue had something to do with the monitoring. Still her voice was so much more pronounced even through the feed to the tv audience which I suspect was probably true also for the crowd at the venue. And yes, the Take Me Higher album is among my top 3 favorite albums by Diana.

This was the Soul Train HOF show, not BET.

I echo Reese, I loved the song from the jump. Never heard it anywhere else but when she performed it here. I still have the VHS I recorded the show on. This performance was very good.