[REMOVE ADS]

Top 5 Motown Songs With Largest # of Non Motown Versions

I am sure some fanatic fan has accurate knowledge of these...and I am curious...top of my head, I would assume:

For Once In My Life
    You Keep Me Hangin' On
    Never Can Say Goodbye
    Tracks Of My Tears
    Money

I think "For Once in My Life" might be #1. For some reason, I think "Grapevine" might be up there as well.

Add "You Can't Hurry Love" to the mix. In addition to The Supremes' original, there are versions by Phil Collins, Melanie, The Stray Cats, The Dixie Chicks, Nina Zilli & DL Byron.
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 08-16-2023 at 06:49 AM.

I know this isn't specifically what you asked for but this is an interesting site where you can find out who recorded a song first and other artists who recorded it. I've found some nice surprises as far as all the artists that covered Motown songs.

SecondHandSongs https://secondhandsongs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    I know this isn't specifically what you asked for but this is an interesting site where you can find out who recorded a song first and other artists who recorded it. I've found some nice surprises as far as all the artists that covered Motown songs.

SecondHandSongs https://secondhandsongs.com/
    That's a nice site. I was just browsing and it will be fun to go into it further. I bookmarked it. I'd like to listen to listen to some of the original versions Thanks for the link

thanks! I will check this out.....learn something new...