I have read many times on this site that Cindy has "stated" to some that Mary was always trying to get her to side with her against Diana. I think there is more to it, though. I imagine that Diana, Florence and Mary started together as friends who all started this group together. They realized they were something special and each sang lead in their area of expertise. I am not slighting Diana here or not recognizing her talent or specialness but once she was designated as sole lead singer, I am sure the group didn't mind as Mary had said she was one of us and she was great and whatever it took to record and be a hit. I think that Diana's drive to be recognized alone and not having the group mentality that Florence and Mary had probably caused some inner turmoil between them, along with Florence leaving probably caused a rift between Diana and Mary. Mary stayed with Diana and stepped even further into the background using the group as a springboard for her solo aspirations until she was ready. Once Cindy came into Diana Ross & The Supremes, it was far different for her. She was already in Patti Labelle's group and was used to the lead singer being mainly in charge. She didn't have the history of starting the Supremes together as Mary, Florence and Diana had. She didn't have the history that they had to see anything negative about Diana that perhaps Mary and Florence had. Cindy liked both of them and probably didn't want to get involved with the politics. I am sure it was different than starting together as friends and while they did love each other I am sure that her solo aspirations and relationship with Berry put both Florence and Mary in an unenviable position. Cindy didn't go through that, although in later years Diana said she was a sweet girl who tried very hard to please. Diana also told Oprah Cindy was a Supreme "but not really a Supreme" which tried to make it seem as if she was waiting for Florence to come back which was something neither Berry or her would have stood for. Once Diana was a solo, I am not sure of her relations with the 70's group. I am not sure how much interaction she had with Jean, who took her place as she was planning her own hectic solo career. Scherrie said when she was rehearsing to replace Jean that she came to Mary's house and they made small talk. Ross had gone to see the Former Ladies of the Supremes perform a number of times, so theories are that when RTL didn't happen that Diana had a backup plan. Of course, Mary had the struggle of fighting Motown to keep the Supremes on top, later to just keep them alive so I am sure their relations with Mary would be far different from someone who just saw them in concert or chose them to sing with her with the promise of much needed cash. I really don't know how the relations were between Diana and Lynda,Jean,Scherrie and Susaye. But surely it had to be different than the original 3 who were together and started it together before the business and politics began. I just ponder because so many on here put blame about things on one person or the other. None of us really know because Diana, Mary and Flo were too media savvy to really let us in on these personal things. We also will never know how Cindy really felt or the 70's groupings. I just wonder because I know it would be so different from what we have seen through the years concerning the originals. One thing I do know is that even if they all moved on in life there is surely love between them even if there wasn't always a liking over behavior or how others acted. I don't want to start anything here but I have been thinking that now with Mary's passing, the Supremes have also passed.