[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes Interview [[JMC): "Touch"

An interview of The Supremes [[Jean, Mary and Cindy) was released on vinyl in the 1970s. It featured the same cover as the Touch LP, except the picture was all sepia tones.

Can anyone shed additional light on this project? When was it done? Who is the interviewer? Other details?

Thanks!

Ramone Verona Guest
    I have this interview but didn't know it was once issued on vinyl.
    Will need to take another listen.
    Must dig it out, first. [[the worst part )

The vinyl enables you to have your own interview with the Supremes. Ask them the right question [[in the blank parts of the record) and then they answer for you. The album comes with the questions

So now you can have three Supremes in your bedroom all to yourself. How's zat?

Helpful hint.....I'd wait until the wife goes out shopping before playing it!

stopinthenameoflove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    The vinyl enables you to have your own interview with the Supremes. Ask them the right question [[in the blank parts of the record) and then they answer for you. The album comes with the questions

John is quite correct - it's an "open end interview" designed for radio use. The answers and the [[five) tracks are recorded, and whomever is the "interviewer" can ask the questions. I had this LP for years and then one kind soul from the old SDF forums sent me the accompanying script. I can't remember their name now - but thank you whoever it was!

If anyone wants the script let me know

Can you scan it for folks here?

We wouldn't want Ramone asking the ladies the wrong type of questions, would we!!

Can you scan it for folks here?

We wouldn't want Ramone asking the ladies the wrong type of questions, would we!!
    John its nineteen pages long! I'll send it to anyone that wants one. Even Ramone!

19 pages!

WOW.

19 pages!

WOW.
    haha - it's quite large type!

What is the year? Is it on the "script?"

hahahahaha. How did you get the typeface to be so large?

Stopinthenameoflove....do you think they did the type that large cos the interviewers would be old and losing their sight!!

I seem to recall this record being discussed in one of the Supremes newsletters from the 70's...maybe an American fan club. When I get time, I'll have to check out those old newsletters to remind me.

I never got sent any of the LP interviews, but I did get some later ones on CD from various record companies! Jean is still one of my Faves!

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    What is the year? Is it on the "script?"
    funnily enough there is not a year anywhere - not even on the LP. But the script goes on about Touch being the new album, so it was to promote that

I have such a vinyl record with script, Diana who talks about Lady Sings The Blues. Also big corps of lettering, for the short sighted radio presenters [[like me)!