[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    well, with the "somethings" 7" failure we got the love child lp.thats the only album by them i'd put in my favourites list.
    it was such a difference from their other stuff,dealt with more "adult" themes,they grew up on that disc imo.
    i like somethings and all the tracks except i'm not keen on honey bee.
    does your mama know about me,keep an eye,how longs the evening train been gone are brilliant,to me anyway.

I do remember a fullpage ad in Billboard for Some Things. A photo of them taken by Kreigsman, which was a nice shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I know I should know this, but what's the time difference between the short and long versions? And where can one find each?
    sorry it took so long for me to get back to you on this.

-->on the "Love Child" CD from the 80's, "YBSWTM" is timed at 2:34
    -->on the "Playlist Plus" CD set from '08, "YBSWTM" is timed at 3:19! [[an extra verse and longer fade)

"PLAYLIST PLUS" is the set that Andy spoke so highly about as it contains some wonderful alternates not found elsewhere.
    another great set is the "SOUL LEGENDS" series on DRATS, which contains an unusual tracklist, alternates, and 70's supremes tracks all mixed throughout; unlike other sets that always place the 70's tracks at the end. SOUL LEGENDS on DRATS is a great example of a set to play for friends to demonstrate just how talented the supremes were at singing all types of music, as opposed to just the usual hits. Plus it has unusual photos and a booklet on GLOSSY PRINT! the orange and black sepia tone on the front is to die for!

One thing that needs to be stated for those that have the "STYNGUT" LP is that many of these tracks feature Mary and Cindy; as opposed to the Andantes. Some fans appreciate that! thank you for asking and a big thank you to boyfromxtown to hinting to me to make the switch!

Ramone Verona Guest
    Yes, both very nice sets.
    I always thought the "Playlist-plus" set should have had a fourth disc on the 70's.
    Sort of a "budget" Pink Velvet set.
    And "Soul Legends" could have been a two-disker, too!
    Such an unusual array of tracks that I would have been curious to see what a longer track list would have included.