[REMOVE ADS]

What were the girls signatures looks?

When you think of the group individually what is the first look that comes to mind when you think of them? They had evolved their styles so much through the years. You can pick all of the ladies who were Supremes but I'm just going to go with the original group...

Mary-blond wig. The first image that comes to mind with Mary for me is her in this style in late '67. For me it was such an iconic look for her and when I first thought of it just now I pictured her in the chandelier gowns from that special they did around that time singing "Reflections".

Diana-I think Diana's signature look is the big hair she's been wearing the last decades but in the Supremes for me it was in the beginning of their success when she was wearing that big bouffant wig. One that comes to mind is the TAMI show. I also think of her covered eye look on Sullivan when they did "You Can't Hurry Love".

Florence-Like Diana, I immediately think of Flo on that Sullivan appearance with the one sided sassoon look she had going. She really rocked that look through '66. And as much as people hate it, I also think of that big brown bouffant wig she was wearing around when they were promoting "Back In My Arms Again".

In the fashion stakes, i always thought Mary the most chic looking of the original three. Overall she seemed to favour a more tailored look. The blond wig was fun.
    Diana could be a bit and miss, though probably the more adventurous as regards styling. The heavy eye makeup would of course have originated from her.
    Flo definitely suited a short, simpler hair style/wig then the big bouffant look. Ironically, she probably looked her best during her final year as a Supreme.

hmmmm. my thoughts are:

Diana - her parted "flip on one side" wig from the DRATS era. the one she really used a ton - like on No Matter What Sign, Someday [[both Sullivan and Hollywood), The Way You Do on TCB, Tennessee Ernie Ford "Reflections" and many more

Cindy - that piled beehive she wore throughout the DRATS era. she never really seemed to deviate much from this. very early she had a crop, similar to Flo's. and at the very end she was doing an Ann Margaret. but otherwise it was her tried and try piled beehive

Mary - her shorter bowl cut from DFM era. like in the YKMHO video of them playing pingpong. or doing YKMHO on Hollywood Palace

Flo - her asymmetrical Sassoon wig on YCHL on Sullivan

Jean - her full, curly wig like on Love the One You're With on Flip Wilson

Lynda - her afro that she wore through most of 73

Scherrie - her wedge haircut like on HMM on Dinah Shore

Susaye - her full curled hair like on MSS album cover

now as for lineup, the outfits or pics i think that are most iconic:

DMF - the white sequin gowns with the gold and pearl diagonal stripes

DMC - their pic doing Stop in the green swirls on TCB. but also the 25th Anniversary pose is just perfect too.

JMC - the pink feathers on back of Return of Mag 7. just love Jean's sultry and sassy look. or the white fringe jumpsuits on Greatest Hits Rare Classics pic

JML - on their concert tour booklet, there's a pic of MJL in the white mini dresses doing YWSSL on Flip Wilson. love this look and the action image

MSC - studio pic of them in the green "serpent" chiffon gowns. the pattern on the bodice is a snakeskin look. and originally Mary had these matching cuffs. and Scherrie had the snake neckline [[although later removed).

MSS - definitely the cover for MSS. just stunning. sexy, contemporary, mature. perfectly reflects the adventurous, mature, sexy and experimental music the album contained. as for outfits, i think the brown jersey gowns with the different colored stripes. Mary's were more blues and purples, scherries were oranges and yellow stripes and Susaye was pinks and purples. they sometimes wore the orange wraps with these.

Diana’s best looks from way back is when she had on too much makeup. I loved it.

I never paid close attention to the other Supremes so I cannot comment.