Wings Of Love [[1976)
    Do The Temptations [[1976)
    Power [[1980)
    The Temptations [[1981)
    Back To Basics [[1983)

And these have never had a US release:
    Surface Thrills [[1983)
    Touch Me [[1985)

It's shocking that the greatest R&B group of all time should have albums that aren't on CD. All these albums charted on the R&B chart, some of them pretty high.

So, it would be great to have all these remastered on CD.

I hope there are lots of others who would support this.

Yes, you have my support to get them released!

As with most Motown albums it's always the same ones that keep getting released. There's a wealth of albums not on CD - let's have some of these instead of Meet and Sing Smokey yet again.

It would be great for all of these Temptations albums to get a reissue on CD [or even a digital release on streaming services].

All are released digitally and I purchased them, but would rather have them on CD.

There are also 2 live albums that have never been on CD anywhere,
    but were available as downloads.

The Temptations Show [[1969)
    Live At London's Talk Of The Town [[1970)

I would support having all The Temptations albums mentioned on CD.

None of them sold well at the time so it's very unlikely that they will ever get a CD release after all this time. Download is all we can hope for.

BTW Surface Thrills & Touch Me have both been released on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    None of them sold well at the time so it's very unlikely that they will ever get a CD release after all this time. Download is all we can hope for.

Are you referring to the live LPs not selling that well?

I always wondered how they issued so many live LPs on the Temps. There was the early one with the red cover similar to the Vandellas' live LP, Temptations Show, and Talk of the Town, and wasn't there also a Copa album, as well as the Japan concert?

Why do you think they released so many live albums?

I ended up digitizing some nicely kept lps and making my own cds of The Temptations Show and Live at London's Talk of the Town.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Are you referring to the live LPs not selling that well?

I always wondered how they issued so many live LPs on the Temps. There was the early one with the red cover similar to the Vandellas' live LP, Temptations Show, and Talk of the Town, and wasn't there also a Copa album, as well as the Japan concert?

Why do you think they released so many live albums?
    I'm actually talking about them all in terms of Top 200 performance. The only one I'd love to have on CD is 'House Party' which is a forgotten powerhouse. Listening to it now again on Spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post

You're right about that Copley. Also consider that Motown's parent company, Universal Music, is mostly doing physical product on their Rock Music Artists.

Power was issued in South Korea on Polygram Int. 530 899-2 in 1995.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-03-18 162934.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  78.6 KB
    Temptations - "Power" Korean issue

« Surface thrills » official cd release is a dub from a vinyle. It sounds great but not as good as the official downloads.

For a long time I’ve complained about the downloads only remasters.
    I have to own the physical thing - the real thing.

As it became clear we’d probably never have them, I decided I would make my own cd-rs.
    Artwork is made in the style of the old Motown cds which I love, they are quite simple to make as there is very few text and all I have to do is to choose my own colors which I find amusing.
    …and it allows me to listen to a real cd and not a file on my computer or my phone.
    And it makes me want to actually listen to those cds again.

Later today I’ll post the ones I’ve made for the Temptations [[Copa exists on cd but the download is a remaster unavailable elsewhere and it is more complete than on any other cd edition at that, hence its inclusion)

KEEP IN MIND THESE ARE SELF MADE CDS - ONLY ONE COPY EXISTS
    I don’t want to make anyone believe these were physically released officially sometime. They weren’t ;-)
    But all were released as an official download which I bought.

And for me these are good enough to make for an official physical cd release.
    Now don’t get me wrong, if any of them is released someday, I’ll be the first to buy it

Name:  IMG_3839.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  98.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_3840.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  108.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_3842.jpg
Size:  101.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by booty View Post
    I have that Korean cd edition of "POWER", albeit with the CD-8-994 catalogue number and with a 8 1234567890 2 barcode. My copy is clearly a bootleg. Now it may be a copy of the Korean cd - back insert is the same -but it is a dub from a vinyle

Another Korean cd which I have is ROCKWELL's "Somebody Watching Me" [[DW 3227 / 530 806-2). I'm not sure this is an authorized Motown product either. At least it is silver pressed, but the label and inserts tend to show it may be a bootleg too.
    Just like for POWER, get the official download instead, at least sound is fabulous and it comes from the master tapes and in the case of ROCKWELL, you'll get the 8 tracks from the 1984 album plus 10 bonus tracks, what we've all been waiting for years... I guess ?
    Lololol

Quote Originally Posted by booty View Post
    This seems to be a bit dodgy? Especially for it to have a similar number to the Vinyl album G8-994M1. CD 31453-0899-2 or 530 899-2. Suspect a bootleg and a needle drop?
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 04-02-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Hi JB,

Much respect for your Temptations CD creations. Interesting you went for the early 90s look for the CDs, without the track numbers. I like the slightly later reissues with the track numbers on the back!

Interesting comment on Live At The Copa. So none of the CD versions of this are complete?

I always thought we could do with a book or website that gives a complete discography of Motown on CD with details like stereo, mono, longer [[or edited) versions, alternate takes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jbpintus View Post
    Name:  IMG_3839.jpg
Size:  98.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_3840.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  108.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_3842.jpg
Size:  101.7 KB

These truly look like a labor of love! Impressive!

@ jbpintus,I was wondering something. I think it's on The Temptations Show album that on one of the early tracks, there's a very obvious tape glitch or something which affected the recording. Motown obviously wasn't too keen on quality control I guess. I think I bought the album twice, thinking I might have had one which just had a bad pressing, but both copies had the same problem. Do you know if you heard anything like that on the digital download that you transferred to CD? I don't remember which song it was, but I believe it was early in the sequence, maybe track 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    These truly look like a labor of love! Impressive!
    yes!!

I did something similar to what jbpintus did. Since I used the original vinyl, I just scanned the artwork and made cds using said artwork. Here is the layout I used for "The Temptations Show" cd:

Name:  Temptations Show Artwork_FULL.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  95.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I did something similar to what jbpintus did. Since I used the original vinyl, I just scanned the artwork and made cds using said artwork. Here is the layout I used for "The Temptations Show" cd:

Name:  Temptations Show Artwork_FULL.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  95.7 KB
    That's pretty awesome.