[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne Warwick was on tonight’s “Watch What Happen Live” – see some of the highlights

In the third fragment at the end she shortly mentions The Supremes

Dionne handles herself well during this rather silly interview. I LOVE that the lady refuses to denigrate any of her hits by saying she'd rather not sing one of them. It always bothers me that anyone is 'sick of' a song that made them a star. The Nina memory is great as well. And goodness she looks fine.

At about the 2:50 mark in the second video above, Dionne says that she does not give a damn about being nominated into the R &R Hall of Fame. She is not a R & R Artist. When it started, it was strictly rock and roll. Decades have passed and there are still some pioneers of R & R that were not even considered.

Dionne said they should name it the Music Hall of Fame. Then all worthy artists like Dionne, Johnny Mathis, Dolly Parton etc could rightfully be considered.

Dolly Parton just declined her nomination. She said that she is not worthy of it.

https://loudwire.com/dolly-parton-de...ame-induction/

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Dionne said they should name it the Music Hall of Fame. Then all worthy artists like Dionne, Johnny Mathis, Dolly Parton etc could rightfully be considered.
    And I Totally Agree with Dionne on this! It's long overdue that they change the name of the place from the R&RHOF to the Popular Music Hall Of Fame [or something like that].

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    And I Totally Agree with Dionne on this! It's long overdue that they change the name of the place from the R&RHOF to the Popular Music Hall Of Fame [or something like that].
    I agree with you Eddie!!! [[And Dionne too ))

And as a child of the fifties, I know of many artists back then who are not in the Hall of Fame or even considered. At the top of the list is Connie Francis, who sold over eighty million records. She had rock and roll hits, ballads, Italian albums, Jewish albums, country albums and was a premier performer. She was a rock and roll artist among other things. Much more of a rock and roll artist than some of the current rap artists who are considered. I agree with Dionne. Calling it the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at this point is a misnomer. It may have been its original intent in the beginning to recognize and honor Rock and Roll pioneers. But if it was, then why were so many of the pioneers still not honored?

On New Year’s Day 1958, Connie Francis turned on her television to watch American Bandstand. “Dick Clark said, ‘There’s a new girl singer, and she’s headed straight to No. 1,’” Connie recalls to Closer. “Then he played ‘Who’s Sorry Now?’. I knew in that five seconds that my life would never be the same.”

Connie was right. After several singles that didn’t chart, “Who’s Sorry Now?” would sell a million-and-a-half records and make her a star. Follow-up hits like “Stupid Cupid” and “Lipstick on Your Collar” would also prove that she was not a one-hit wonder. In all, Connie has sold more than 80 million records in her long career. But her charmed existence came to a screeching end after a violent assault, the murder of her younger brother and the loss of her greatest love. “I have some regrets,” Connie, 84, admits. “But I hope that I did OK.”

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/c...nship-details/