[REMOVE ADS]

Mary's Grammy Museum "Tribute"; an Oversight

I've watched Mary's Grammy Museum Tribute, and I noticed a couple of glaring omissions. Regardless if these were oversights, I do believe there are a few people that should have been acknowledged:

1) You can't tell the entire Mary Wilson story without mentioning the ladies that sang beside her in the Supremes: Barbara Martin, Florence Ballard, Diana Ross, Cindy Birdsong, Jean Terrell, Lynda Lawrence, Scherrie Payne, and Susaye Greene. I'd expand that to include Betty McGlown, Karen Jackson, and several other "backups" that Mary employed over the years.

2) Carl Fuerbacher. A long time friend, and the President of Mary's Fan Club for 30+ years. Carl was a lifeline to every Mary/Supremes fan pre-internet, and his newsletters are a treasure.

3) The team at Motown/Universal: Harry, George, Kevin, and especially Andy who we all know was a special friend of Mary's; at one point her assistant, and truly, more like a son than friend. I'd extend this to include folks like J. Randy, our own bradsupremes, and anyone and everyone involved in the Expanded Editions over the last [[almost) 20 years.

4) The team at Real Gone, including Joe [[and others mentioned above) that were essential in getting Mary's MOTOWN ANTHOLOGY released. It is truly a love letter to Mary, and from Mary.

5) The many, many fans; MANY of whom that have been along on the Supremes/Mary Wilson magic carpet ride from the very beginning. The fans that Mary considered to be family. The ones that showered her with gifts, and love, and adoration. You all know who you are. You've been swapping bootleg cassette tapes with each other for decades; you've been gossiping on the phone, and in letter, and in email, and in private message for years. We instantly recognize your name at the conventions, on the message boards, all across the internet. Stand up, each of you to are be applauded. You can bring as many big name celebrities as you'd like on stage, but WE were there with Mary every step of the way.
    Last edited by marybrewster; 03-10-2022 at 10:32 AM.