[REMOVE ADS]

I Still Believe -- Purple Disco Machine Remix -- new single?

On Twitter I saw the announcement of the I Still Believe remix single by Purple Disco Machine, which would be wonderful, as they tend to make very nice remixes -- much closer to the classic disco sound than most other mixes. It is not available yet, at least in the Netherlands, but it is already listed on the Diana Ross YouTube channel and Spotify.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Z-hQSPAuU

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 2.44.06 PM.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  10.3 KB

It just says video not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    It just says video not available.
    I know, so it is probably not released yet. Most often, new singles are released on Friday but the links are already placed on YouTube the day before... so I assume it will be released tomorrow.

In November, I posted on this board that I would hope that Purple Disco Machine would do a remix of "I Still Believe." Now, I don't want to take any credit -- haha -- but we've heard before that the Diana Ross team reads this forum, so maybe they listened. Either way, really looking forward to this remix.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 5.12.44 PM.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  20.1 KB

They just released the mixes on Spotify, and musically they are absolutely great. Very funky and danceable. Yet, they only use the chorus, not the verses, and the slow intro is also not included. Still works really well though!
    Last edited by Jaap; 03-10-2022 at 07:16 PM.

Thank you for the heads up and for the review, Jaap! You predicted the future with this remix! I like the Purple Disco Machine Remix of Menergy, so I'm looking forward to checking out this new remix of I Still Believe!

Love the song, but find this particular remix missing the gay abandon, feel good factor that makes the original version so appealing. A little to repetitive for my own personal taste.

Yes, Jaap - all you! And I do love this inventive remix of an already-great song.