[REMOVE ADS]

Diana, Florence, and Mary at their best.

This very brief performance is one of the clips that I feel sums up how amazing these three were together.

Also want to add Mary looks stunning here.

You can't beat their harmony.

Great clip! Supremes at the top of their game.

Funny how everyone talk about how Diana used to bug her eyes out.....watch Flo!

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Also want to add Mary looks stunning here.
    A classic Supremes performance. Mary does indeed look stunning that it’s hard to take your eyes off her. I always loved her sense of fashion.

Flo’s wig though, augh. Diana and Mary’s wigs are stylish, but Flo’s looks like a turned up mop.

But the vocals are perfect. I wonder why Diana starts ever so slightly when she looks at Flo towards the end of the clip?

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    You can't beat their harmony.
    Nope, that's why I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Great clip! Supremes at the top of their game.

Funny how everyone talk about how Diana used to bug her eyes out.....watch Flo!
    I wonder if Mrs. Powell worked with them both about that. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by grangertim View Post
    Flo’s wig though, augh. Diana and Mary’s wigs are stylish, but Flo’s looks like a turned up mop.

But the vocals are perfect. I wonder why Diana starts ever so slightly when she looks at Flo towards the end of the clip?
    Yeah, this is my least favorite Flo look.

I think Diana does that thing at the end comically because they're all saying they're in love with "him". It almost looks like she's thinking "In love with who?"

this is part of the Hullabaloo episode where they did Back In My Arms Again and You're Nobody. every segment the girls appeared on during this episode is nothing short of marvelous. sure they might become more sophisticated as the years went on, the dresses became more spectacular, the routines more impressive. but this one tv show reveals the three magic of the group and why they became THE SUPREMES

the girls just couldn't have sung any better, they couldn't have looked more happy or more excited, they couldn't have been more thrilled to be on stage with one another.

IMO this episode defines why they were and still are the #1 girl group of all time

I can't agree with everyone else on this page. I honestly always say they were something else and in their heyday I never really compared one against the other. They were definitely SUPREME.

Flo definitely did the eye popping a lot too though not as much as Diana. One clip that comes to mind is when they're doing Baby Love on Hullabaloo, Flo does it there too.

Diana and Flo always seemed to go for the big bouffant wigs while I noticed Mary was a bit more conservative about it lol.

I always thought Diana gave Flo that look because it sounded like Flo came in a little early with the chorus but quickly stops. Does anyone else hear that too?

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I always thought Diana gave Flo that look because it sounded like Flo came in a little early with the chorus but quickly stops. Does anyone else hear that too?
    I notice what you're referring to. Never caught that before. I think you're right. So from this I gather that the girls pre-recorded their vocals here. That sound Flo makes is audible as if studio mics picked it up, but nowhere near as audible as their singing. I'm guessing of course. But whatever the deal was, I think you're right on the money on why Diana does that double take at Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I notice what you're referring to. Never caught that before. I think you're right. So from this I gather that the girls pre-recorded their vocals here. That sound Flo makes is audible as if studio mics picked it up, but nowhere near as audible as their singing. I'm guessing of course. But whatever the deal was, I think you're right on the money on why Diana does that double take at Flo.
    I think most performances on Hullabaloo were live. There are quite a few uncropped photos where you can see an overhead mike over their heads. In this case, I would almost bet that they were reading the lyrics off a cue card.

I think this one was live too.

On Shindig, they used pre-recorded vocals and i think just Diana is live [[for Baby Love and Come See About Me). on the Shivaree clips they're of course singing to the record [[for Stop and Baby Love)

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post

I agree they appear to be performing the song rather than singing it. I love it though

These are live performances on Hullabaloo. There is an overhead mic. I went back and listened again and it actually sounds like Flo is saying "yeah!" Instead of "I'm--".

Shindig for Come See About Me does have Flo and Mary's pre recorded vocals but I can hear Diana's mic picking up their live vocals as well, at least Flo's.