[REMOVE ADS]

DREAMGIRLS 40th Anniversary

Thanks Jack. Very enjoyable to see this history!

I'm not a fan of musical theater productions, but I really enjoyed Dreamgirls. I got to see Jennifer Holiday play Effie in the mid-90s. There aren't many singers like her any more.

JHud wasn't too shabby in the movie version. Didn't she pick up a statue from it? Fresh off her Idol stint? I still believe, to this day, that Eddie Murphy should won one over Alan Arkin. [[and I love all of Arkin's work.) Just for that wordless scene after he realizes his career is over for good...and commences too shoot up...his expression ALONE is Oscar-worthy, as his moves over!! That's why he was peeved at the ceremony; not so much at Arkin, but his fire performance! That actor [[who shall remain nameless, because he's dominating the news cycle) who won Lead Actor this year, waited 30 years!! Keep grinding, Eddie!

James Thunder Early. Had to look up Eddie's char.