[REMOVE ADS]

Tribute to Mary Wilson at GRAMMY Museum L.A.

By Radio Facts

WHO:Mary Wilson’s daughter, Turkessa Babich, will share stories of her mother Mary Wilson. Claudette Robinson, an original member of The Miracles [[the first act to sign with Motown) has known Wilson since her first days at Motown. Wilson’s friends from the world of Motown, Politics, and Philanthropy include: Beverly Todd, Marla Gibbs, Brian & Eddie Holland, Judy Pace, Eloise Laws, Anna Maria Horsford, Brenda Russell,Jackee Harry, Loretta Devine, Janie Bradford,Jay D. Schwartz and more....

Special Video tributes from Dionne Warwick, Barbara Hawkins [[Dixie Cups), Michelle Chapman [[Florence Ballard’s daughter), Rita Coolidge,Bubba Knight, Four Tops, Temptations, Tamron Hall, Linda Greene, Pointer Sisters and more will be part of the special celebration...
    At the time of her passing, friends and fans were not able to participate in a celebration of life. Mary’s wish was to have a celebration with family, friends and fans from around the world. Fans unable to attend will be able to watch the program on Mary Wilson’s birthday on Sunday, March 6, at 3pm Pacific at www.collectionlive.com, the GRAMMY Museum’s official streaming service.

WHAT: Celebrating the life of Mary Wilson in honor of her March 6 birthday, The GRAMMY Museum L.A. Live hosts A Tribute to Mary Wilson, and UMe releases Mary Wilson: The Motown Anthology. The GRAMMY Museum program event will consist of a panel discussion, hosted by Janice Rhoshalle Littlejohn [[journalist, author, host, producer, and currently adjunct instructor for the Annenberg Master’s of Specialized Journalism in The Arts), featuring Mary Wilson’s daughter Turkessa Babich, Claudette Robinson, and other family, friends, and celebrities.

Mary Wilson: The Motown Anthology, a deluxe 2-CD set, marks the first-ever comprehensive overview of the late legend’s remarkable Motown discography from the Primettes [[group before the Supremes) to her solo record produced by Gus Dungeon [[Elton John, Joan Armatrading, Chris Rea, et al)

Fans unable to attend will be able to watch the program on Mary Wilson’s birthday on Sunday, March 6, at 3pm Pacific at www.collectionlive.com, the GRAMMY Museum’s official streaming service.

More info below
    https://radiofacts.com/a-tribute-to-...own-anthology/

Im definitely tuning into this.

Thanks Milven. Glad to see that they made arrangements for a video stream.

Great to hear and and so very well deserved. A year after the sad news of her death, Mary’s legacy and achievements continue to be acknowledged and celebrated. The contribution she made to the world, not only as a much loved Supreme, but as a wonderfully caring human being cannot be underestimated.
    Looking forward to March 4th, when fans in the UK fans should at last receive their copy of the Motown Anthology.

I will be tuning in. It's so great to see how much Mary was loved. And the thing is, judging by the amount of tributes she received last year when she passed, most of the thoughtful words were about Mary as a woman. Sure, there were acknowledgments of her as Queen Supreme and her contributions to the group and the ambassadorship of their legacy, as well as her vocal talent. But the abundance was about her as a human being and the amount of lives she touched by just being Mary. So often she got maligned because she had no solo hits, didn't sell a million albums, or sellout arenas, but it's hard for me to imagine that Mary would have taken those career highlights [[in a career that already had highlights most singers never get) over what did become her enduring legacy.

She deserves this upcoming honor and I'm so grateful that we fans will be able to experience it.

Ya the last thing Mary wanted was hit records and sold out shows.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I will be tuning in. It's so great to see how much Mary was loved. And the thing is, judging by the amount of tributes she received last year when she passed, most of the thoughtful words were about Mary as a woman. Sure, there were acknowledgments of her as Queen Supreme and her contributions to the group and the ambassadorship of their legacy, as well as her vocal talent. But the abundance was about her as a human being and the amount of lives she touched by just being Mary. So often she got maligned because she had no solo hits, didn't sell a million albums, or sellout arenas, but it's hard for me to imagine that Mary would have taken those career highlights [[in a career that already had highlights most singers never get) over what did become her enduring legacy.She deserves this upcoming honor and I'm so grateful that we fans will be able to experience it.
    Mary Wilson said countless times in interviews that she worked very hard to be a successful human being. I am glad that was acknowledged. It is obviously very true. Her talents as an entertainer and vocalist are now on her Anthology. She is truly loved for the person and entertainer that she was.

Mary Wilson ‘Motown Anthology’, birthday celebration detailed

A slightly updated version of the link posted above [which I just had trouble opening]
    I'm glad they pointed out the time zone difference. If you plan to watch it, make sure to calculate what time it will stream in your time zone.

Fans unable to attend will be able to watch the program on Mary Wilson’s birthday on Sunday, March 6th at 6 pm ET/3 pm PT collectionlive.com, the GRAMMY Museum’s official streaming service.

https://themusicuniverse.com/mary-wi...tion-detailed/