[REMOVE ADS]

Dave Hamilton Volume 4

Ace are really busy in June and so will my credit card.

I'm real happy about this one

Dave Hamilton Volume 4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dave-Hamilto.../dp/B00503TQFC

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  21.1 KB
    Should be very good. There were still some very good Dave Hamilton produced cuts that didn't get on the first three.

This was prompted by digging through Dave's multi track tapes for more material for the OC Tolbert CD. We found lots of good mainly late 70s, early 80s material, particularly harmony group soul. I renewed my acquaintance with Charles Webb from the Webb People who was a great bloke and had been with Dave since the mid-60s spotted by Lois Sheely for Topper. He said Dave gave them all sorts of group names so apart from the Webb People, they were the Witch Doctors and with two female singers the Future Kind. There is a lot of detailed info and a little speculation in the 5000 + word sleeve notes. Dave rarely anotated anything so it's been a great exercise in detection.

We also included Dave's early productions, the most of the Temple releases [[one side of each), the remaining Toppers [[non rock) and indy releases like JT Rhythm and Billy Soul on Velvet Sound. Robb, if you've got or know of any other Dave productions please share. I only just found out about Nightchill on Tra-Sound in the 80s. Incidentally if anyone has contact details on Smitty from the group or others who worked with Dave, I'd love to chat about his life and work with them. Everyone so farhas said what a great and talented guy he was.

Ady

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  21.1 KB
    Hi Ady. No, I can't think of any of Dave's productions that you've missed. I was referring to the JT Rhythm the remaining Temple sides, the Ortheia Barnes, Billy Soul, and Harry Reid. He was the arranger on one of The Chalfontes' records [[would that qualify for this series)? Or does he need to be the producer?
    Last edited by robb_k; 05-24-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Hi Robb,
    The Chalfontes would involve a Universal license so we'll hold back on it until the last volume. Incidentally, did you know much about the Ortheia Barnes, i didn't have definite evidence of Dave's involvement until quite recently [[I think, sometimes things slip by!)

Cheers

Ady

Ady - have you tried contacting her?

No Graham, can you Email me details please.

I should also say that we have promoted Graham's stunning colour photo of Ortheia to the front cover, worth the purchase price alone!

Ady

I don't need any more encouragement! You've got me by the short and curlies already!

Ady--Ortheia is on Facebook.

Best,

Mark

How long till the Sacred Sound catalog is released?

Thanks Mark, I'll contact her.

Hi Hastings,

Is the Sacred Sound Dave's gospel label? Do you have any history on it?

Ady

Ady, a gospel collector in London has directed me to this Web site:

http://www.midwest45s.org/MichiganGaragePage.html

Go down the page - you can see a few label scans.

Great site Graham and some of the singles sound amazing, I'll follow this up. The scans were too small to read the credits so i'll ask the guy for more info, or if others have any 45s with Dave's name on that I've not covered yet, please let me know.

Ady

I think Ive got more of the Sacred Sound catalog covered the Scott, who is from Chicago. Im hoping that some of those tapes that the Dave Hamilton dancer cds have drawn from will also contain some unreleased stuff.

Any Discography of any description would help in finding the tapes. Feel free to list whatever you've got here

SACRED SOUND 3567 REV. EVANS You Can't Hurry God AR-3567-2 SACRED SOUND 3567
    SACRED SOUND 3567 REV. EVANS Life’s Pathway AR-3567-1 SACRED SOUND 3567

Is all I've got, I can't read the details on the site stuuf too well

Ady

Sacred Sound, sometimes Sacred Sounds, [[Partial ?) Discography
    1587 Highland, Detroit, Demoristic Publishing, TCB Studios

Johnson Spiritual Singers: "I Feel The Spirit" "Tear Your Kingdom Down" J49

Rev. Evans: "Lifes Pathway" You Can't Hurry God" AR 3567

The Scott Singers: "I'm Gonna Ride This Train" "When The Saints Go Marching In" AR1228

The Scott Singers: "No Good Without The Lord" "I'm Not Ready To Die" SS15

Little Stevie and The Reynolds Singers: "Jesus Is With Me" "Part Two" AR 1087

The National Independent Singers: "Someday We'll Be Together" "Just To Live On High" 203/204

The National Independence Singers: "Nobody But The Lord" "I Have A Father Who Can" 200

Umble Faith: "I Still Remember" "Moses in Egypt Land" SS14

The Sensational Sunset Paraders: "He's A Friend of Mine" He's All I Need" SP001

The Soul Inspirerers: "He's All I Need" "Grown Old And Feeble" AR964

The Fantastic Voices of Joy: "The Little Light" "What A Friend" AR1015

The Detroit Silvertones: "Dear Lord" "Down Here Praying" AR966

Sensational Angeletts: "I Heard A Voice" "Same" XX-2

Pure In Heart Travellers: "God's Word Never Fails" "I Need Your Power" AR870

Thanks, I'll use this as a starting point for research.

Ady