[REMOVE ADS]

Should Gladys Knight Perform in Texas?

I'm sure Gladys has fans in Texas:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/gladys-.../artist/735460

Well done Seeing these threads gave me a good laugh. It's also a fair question.

I'm confused, why shouldn't Gladys perform in Texas?

I guess the short answer is covid

I think there’s a longer explanation about Diana being held to a higher standard than Gladys Lionel and Smokey

I’ll poke with this - it’s what happens when you’re the Queen lol

The thread [[and the other 2) is mostly fun-poking at the 'Should Diana Perform ...' thread. JRob is closest to my intent. Some of us may remember some of us yippin' and bippin' 2 years ago about Diana cancelling concerts too soon in response to the nascent Covid Era. Kinda' sorta' like one particular political party here in the US - you know, the 'lock her up' party that was aghast, AGHAST about one presidential candidate having a personal e-mail server when she was not the president, but is quite ... sanguine ... about their prez flushing official documents while actually president. Confirmational bias, it's called. Look it up. And by all means go see all our beloved performers in concert.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    The thread [[and the other 2) is mostly fun-poking at the 'Should Diana Perform ...' thread. JRob is closest to my intent. Some of us may remember some of us yippin' and bippin' 2 years ago about Diana cancelling concerts too soon in response to the nascent Covid Era. Kinda' sorta' like one particular political party here in the US - you know, the 'lock her up' party that was aghast, AGHAST about one presidential candidate having a personal e-mail server when she was not the president, but is quite ... sanguine ... about their prez flushing official documents while actually president. Confirmational bias, it's called. Look it up. And by all means go see all our beloved performers in concert.
    Okay, I think I get it now. I don't think I saw the earlier thread about whether or not Diane should perform in the pandemic's early days.