[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson "Into The Night" with Rick Dees 11-12-1990

I remember seeing this way back when. I never watched his show but saw Mary was going to be on it. She did a great job and it was nice to see her sing rather than just talk

Mary looks incredibly young here, nowhere near her 46 years. It’s interesting she mentions the Motown revue of 62 as being a huge highlight of her time with the Supremes. She always did had a very sentimental side which was most endearing.
    She was in great voice around this time.

I thought she did a very good job on this song - perhaps the best I’ve heard her sing

The trouble is she was 46 and the people turning out the hits were generally around 26 - so the cards weren’t in her favour by this time

She was doing a staple of her live show from the time "Bad Case of Loving you". So her performance was really promoting the book Supreme Faith and her live show. I believe Walk the Line was a year or two away from being "released", to use the term loosely given what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I thought she did a very good job on this song - perhaps the best I’ve heard her sing

The trouble is she was 46 and the people turning out the hits were generally around 26 - so the cards weren’t in her favour by this time
    I agree. It’s been mentioned once or twice, but at that point in time the MOR/jazz route was the road to take. With the necessary backing and support, Mary could have become a solid albums artist.