[REMOVE ADS]

Candi Staton Evidence

Noted that Ace has a Candi Staton set slated for June. I was wondering how this disc will differ from the one containing her Fame recordings that was issued a few years ago?

I wonder if this Ace disc will include Never In Public, which was forgotten? Does anyone have a track list?

The upcoming disc is supposed to be her complete Fame output, including 11 previously unreleased recordings. I'm particularly looking forward to this one, as the Honest Jon compilation from a while back was missing many of the best tracks from her final Fame album CANDI STATON.

Candi Staton "Evidence: The Complete Fame Records Masters" is a 2-CD set with a total of 48 tracks, including "Never In Public." Twenty-two of the tracks have never been on CD before and 12 are previously unreleased.

http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=72593

Thi, for me, is a "not to miss at any cost" CD release by one fo the finest exponents of southern style soul music ever to grace this planet... Ace Records has done it again and is about to issue another superb piece of musical history.

So COOL!! I have quite a few of the tracks on vinyl, but this is worth it, especially for "Lovin' You, Lovin' Me"!

Best,

Mark

Don't know if Russell Thompkins will read this particular thread, but I caught Candi Staton on the same show as The Stylistics [[the last time I saw them live) at Tameside Theatre in Ashton Under Lyne. Wonder if he remembers what she was like to work with.

Candi recently performed in Memphis for a fund-raiser put together by David Guest. The bill included many acts--Eddie Floyd,
    Dee Dee Sharp, Freda Payne, Pebo Bryson, etc., etc. I think Russell Thompkins, Jr. too.

I always liked her B side Fame recording "For You".