[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Motown Videos

Motown Videos

If 1980s 1990s MTV/BET videos were a thing in the 60s and 70s how do you think Motown would have fared?

I know until the 70s with Stevie and Marvin Motown album covers were considered a little lackluster to say the least

I Wonder what they would have done with videos to their classic songs

I say that Motown would've been part of the trend in music videos if they were in demand during the '60s. The same way the company groomed their artists for the performing stage, they would've gotten the very best directors at the time to make great music videos for "My Girl", "You Keep Me Hanging On", "Reach Out" and so on.

PS: While most of Motown album covers from the '60s were no great shakes, they did fit the times [check out any other R&B/Soul LP covers from that period for comparison].

Of course, Motown did create SOME music videos in the sixties. I’m thinking of the The Supremes playing table tennis to You Keep Me Hanging On, Four Tops 7 Rooms Of Gloom, Martha & Vandellas in the automobile factory.