[REMOVE ADS]

Ashford & Simpson, Slave, Curtis Mayfield & Brandy: Colour Vinyl Reissues from Rhino

As part of Rhino's annual Black History Month vinyl reissue series, this year they are reissuing the following four titles on coloured 140g vinyl, available through their online store or your local record shop, February 11th:

Ashford & Simpson - So So Satisfied - Spring Green Vinyl

Slave - Stellar Fungk: Best Of - Ruby Red Vinyl

Brandy - The Best Of - Fruit Punch Red Vinyl

Curtis Mayfield - The Very Best Of - Sky Blue Vinyl

https://store.rhino.com/special-edit...sic-month.html

It seems these are all double LP's, except for the Ashford & Simpson vinyl.

A pity these are not on 180 g vinyl which is really the standard these days.

Very true, Jack. However, with some vinyl releases these days having little attention paid to overall quality control and sound quality, I've unfortunately bought a lot of new 180g vinyls that sound horrible. I received the new green pressing of Ashford and Simpson's So So Satisfied today and despite it not being 180g, it does sound fantastic. It doesn't sound like an overly compressed digital master and no warping, clicks, pops etc. Plays very quiet and warm.

Hey Carlo, I have all the original A&S albums on vinyl and several cd versions. Is this one better than the original vinyl?
    I now buy a lot of new vinyl but in general think the pressings are much better and quieter than in the 70's and 80's.
    Last edited by jack020; 02-12-2022 at 09:35 AM.

Hey Jack, I only previously had the BBR CD reissue of this particular album and didn't have the original vinyl, which is why I had decided to buy this new vinyl reissue of it. Unfortunately I am unable to make this comparison for this particular album. However, in general, I've always found that the original vinyl pressings are always more dynamic sounding than the reissues. Although finding a quiet/mint condition original pressing of any album these days, can be a challenge.