[REMOVE ADS]

What is the Bonnie Pointer thread below?

When I try to click on the link, I get some message about the content being forbidden.

I believe it's an announcement of a deluxe version of Bonnie Pointer's Like a Picasso album, but the poster included parentheses instead of brackets in the heading, rendering it forbidden. Mods, if you see this, please delete the problem thread...

Please remove my faulty post elsewhere

While we are on the subject of Bonnie, was there ever an official release of the long 12-inch version of her cover of The Four Tops' "Can't Help Myself"? I see it on YouTube but not found it on CD. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Please remove my faulty post elsewhere
    I see you tried to repost with the same results. Quotation marks [“”””] aren’t the issue; it’s parentheses that are forbidden because of a glitch on the site. Brackets in place of them [[[]]] are required. For example: [Deluxe Edition] [Omnivore]. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-27-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Thanks for finding and for reposting; I'm a Bonnie fan and would not have known about this release otherwise.

Thanks for the corrected information. How does this release compare to her Motown stuff or the Pointers material? Tough question I know but any thoughts?

Wow! Thanks for sharing the news regarding this reissue of Bonnie's album. I have always loved her Like A Picasso album. I had bought the tracks on iTunes when it was first released and had put them onto a CD-R, as the original CD was pressed in a limited quantity, available through the Pointer Sisters' and Bonnie Pointer's webstores. I had always regretted not purchasing the official CD but I remember the international shipping charge was high [[around $30). So glad that I will be able to pick this up, as a deluxe edition with this beautiful new artwork. That's a great shot of Bonnie!

Daviddesper, to answer your question...this album is a lot more accoustic/guitar/blues oriented, which worked well for Bonnie's voice. It has a flair of country at times as well.

I wish they had added "Eyes Don't Lie" as a bonus track as well. That came out as a single, I think just prior to when this album was released. It's more of a dance track and very different from this album, but it would have been a nice added bonus.
    Last edited by carlo; 01-27-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Daviddesper, to answer your question...this album is a lot more accoustic/guitar/blues oriented, which worked well for Bonnie's voice. It has a flair of country at times as well.
    Adding on to my earlier post, I think genre that best describes this album is 'Americana'.

I do love the cover as well -