[REMOVE ADS]

So much music, so little cash!

With the rash of motown-select title selling out, I decided to order the Jean Terrell sessions box set by the Supremes before it too sells out! [[which from what I see, won't be long). I always feel a great deal of relief whnever I purchase a Hip-oselect title as I know I'm one of a handful of fans who have a copy in their possession. I Hastingly purchased TCMS 69,68,65,67 and 63 With the little spending money I could rack up in the months before I left for College. This was after vol. 6 [[which i already had) sold out and became hard to find for a decent price.

Being the big music lover that I am, there's countless music of all genres and eras that are on my wantlist. Yet as a yonug adult, it's hard to choose from the vast selections. I missed out on the Four Tops Lost and Found, and The collection of previously released David Ruffin albums. There are also several other albums and sets that have caught my eye from all kinds of distributors.

I feel as though I should collect the music while i'm still without fiscal responsibility, at the same time there is so much decision involved.

Jboy88...good look, I've been collecting records since 1958 & it don't get any easier, as Thelma & Jerry said "It's A Lifetime Thing".

I'm 34 years old.,and have been collecting 78's and 45's probably since i was old enough to turn a record player on.Yes,definitly buy now,because from experience,having a wife and 4 children now,my record buying funds are very low.But having a very loving and understanding wife,every once in awhile,she allows me a little extra ebay dough,or record show money.Good luck with your collecting

Chess1458-34 years old, WOW. I met my partner when I was 34....nearly 25 years ago! Why did you choose that moniker? I am a big fan of catalogue numbers but I dont know what that one is..it must be a real old 45.

Jboy88 - I'd go for all those Lost And Found's, they are definitely worth getting. And as much as I will get stick for it, go for the Supremes set last!! The Four Tops Fourever box set is another one to go for and check out all the British Anthology's, particularly the one from the Velvelettes....cos I did that one! °smile°

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motown-Antho.../dp/B0002Z9YGY

JBoy88, I totally know the feeling. I am a young student too and we tend to be strapped for cash. There's so many different titles out there and it's difficult to buy everything, even though I wish I could. I used to have a new CD arrive in the mail at least every week...sometimes every day. I'm trying to cut down and I'm buying only the things I know I'm going to play over and over. I used to buy CD's out of impulse, only for the sake of completing my collection. I realized that isn't a good way to be. I have dozens of albums I barely even listen to now.

Carlo

The advantage us old uns have, is that when these albums first came out, they came once every few months; we got to know them over a period of time. So now we can get them 2 at a time and already be familiar with them.

You will go back to some of those old albums in the future....all of us have had that happen to us.

I Got Fourever box set several Christmases ago! I mostly download music off I-tunes unless it's really worthwhile having it on CD [[this especially applies to Motown select titles and box sets) or unavailable on Itunes. A few times I've purchased LPs because I couldn't even get it on CD. It's really a hassle when there's only a handful of songs on an album I really want, but can't get them without buying the whole album!

By all means the most nerve wrecking are the hip-o select titles. Once they sell out, they became hard to find for a decent price if at all. I'm hoping they'll pull a "David" on the Four tops Lost and Found and bring it back for couple of weeks.