[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I always say it’s not the Christmas season until I hear one of the Supremes holiday classics. In the USA you will always hear “My Favorite things”, “Silver Bells”, or “White Christmas”. I’ve literally heard at least one, or all during the holidays. I’ve even heard that one song that has children singing along. In recent years I’ve heard Diana’s “This Christmas” a lot. This year I was totally surprised to hear Diana’s “Wonderful Christmas time”. Diana Ross/and the Supremes are well represented during the holidays.

When the radio station where I live used to play a variety of Christmas songs and not the same 200 songs over like they do now, "White Christmas," "Joy To The World," and "Silver Bells" were heavily played.

That being said, I think "My Favorite Things" is the most played track from the Christmas sessions and the gem from the album. I heard it a lot on Sirius and in stores/out and about this past Christmas season. I actually thought it may get some traction on Billboard's Christmas charts. It's quite possible in the next few years it could. The Ronettes' "Sleigh Ride" actually charted in the Billboard's Hot 100 just recently and broke a 58 year break for them. The first time they charted on Billboard's Hot 100 since 1965.

I should also add it was used in the Grinch movie a few years ago that helped to boost it and Ariana Grande had a song come out a few years back called "7 Rings" that heavily sampled/reinterpreted "My Favorite Things" and her fans have discovered the Supremes' version while searching for other versions.